Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

My take:

Because the liberals, greens, and NDP know that western separation is more likely than not, its wise to disarm the population years ahead of the actual event. The problem with Liberals, NDP, and greens is that most of them are trained as lawyers not historians.

The history of the world is littered with failed governments, failed states, and mass execution of people trying to impose their will and cultural identity on others. To think that this could never happen here is an error in logic. Canada is one of these failed states, to large to be an effective democracy. Its been an artificial country since day one. A manifestation of a crown corporation, founded by privateers, and a citizenry governed by artificial rights that can be amended or suspended to suit the need of our governors without consequence.

Rights and equality are fought for, not legislated by some politician and enshrined in an imaginary confederation.

Civil wars have been fought for less than whats happening here, ask any CF member who served in Bosnia Herzegovina.

Unfortunately for our children, its Canada's turn at the civil war table. we've just sat down and waiting for our order to be taken. its a matter of time before it clacks off. And if your a liberal or live in a liberal riding id be worried. One night the door will get kicked in, wifey will be raped and children will be executed while hubby watches the whole thing. This is history not the sentiment of a western separatist or some disgruntled oil worker. Its cause and effect.

Humans are combative inherently and when given the opportunity they will become animals. (ISIS) They taught us the Lord Of the Flies in school for a reason. But, since climate change, indigenous rights, and a GSA's are more important now then repeating history its just a matter of time before the bodies start to pile up. The maple leaf is no longer a unifier, just a reminder of what was and when our national broadcaster, and print media starts to use the words 'civil' 'war' to describe the atmosphere i start to pay extra attention.

I just hope logic prevails and I don't have to participate in a civil war in my 60's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlates_of_War

https://books.google.ca/books?id=yNT...alysis&f=false
    Last edited by Trustme; 10-31-2019 at 02:58 AM.
    CCFR

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    Im not naive. Governments have contingency plans for posible and hypothetical emergencies. Don't confuse those necessary strategies with "false flag" initiatives. Too many times these separate things get blurred and lumped together. You'd be correct in saying that, in Canada, we have seen some police divisions/ commanders go bat#### crazy, as was the case at the g7 summit in Toronto 2018. A good example of undercover police instigators was the Montebello protests in 2007. No denying these things happen in Canada. But I sense that the tone of this thread is insinuating a false flag that would dictate civilians be slaughtered for legislative gain. Remember, Alex Jones has been tried and convicted for saying Sandy Hook was 100% fake, and a false flag. The US government planing Castros murder doesn't equate to evidence of our Canadian government potentialy planning to kill it's own citizens under a false flag pretense. To say that Alex Jones is hyperbolic, but not entirely wrong would only be true if you can draw distinctions. I hope you can, because he cannot. It has cost him his credibility. Furthermore, he "educates" the very uneducated. A dangerous teacher/student effect.
    Hell, the US Government has long maintained plans to make war against its own citizens if some pus-sucking human garbage at the top were to give the order... google "War Plan White" or "Operation Northwoods." The latter got General Lyman Lemnitzer's career brought to a deserved early end by JFK IIRC...
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Animatronic Fireman View Post
    Wexit / western separation in any form from Canada is a dumb idea that will cost all Canadians. Indigneous land treaties, 0 trade agreements signed with other countries, the high unlikelihood of BC or the Territories separating preventing access to a coast are just some of the many hurtles.

Either work together with your western elected representatives and the eastern provinces to make Canada a better place for everyone or emigrate.
    That's the problem...there is no working with progressives!! They know what is best for everyone...THEIR way!!

Quote Originally Posted by EhGun View Post
    That's the problem...there is no working with progressives!! They know what is best for everyone...THEIR way!!
    Ditto. Appeasement never works. The oil industry has tried that for a while, hiring "environmental consultants", bribing the Pembina Institute and other greenies. How did that turn out for them? Encana is no more, Husky laid off hundreds, and the oil patch is in its worst state in decades.
    Long live Alberta.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canvasback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animatronic Fireman View Post
    Wexit / western separation in any form from Canada is a dumb idea that will cost all Canadians. Indigneous land treaties, 0 trade agreements signed with other countries, the high unlikelihood of BC or the Territories separating preventing access to a coast are just some of the many hurtles.

Either work together with your western elected representatives and the eastern provinces to make Canada a better place for everyone or emigrate.
    Hilarious! No trade agreements? You do know you have to form a new country first before you can sign a trade agreement AS that new country.

Access to a coast? 25% of the countries in the world don't have a coastline. And, as a sovereign nation separating BC from the rest of Canada, Alberta and Sask would be in a pretty good negotiating position with what's left of Canada.

Indigenous peoples? No longer dealing with Canada. The treaties got signed with Canada and it's political predecessors. Time to be treated fairly, for both parties, which is not what is happening now. Get aboard or head on out to the Canada who has treated you so well for the last 150 years.

Talk about grasping at straws.
    Fack Liberals and Fack Red Tories/Liberal Lite.
    Either get behind gun ownership or piss off.

I agree totally. Oil is in a crisis and the west is in a crisis and our government is doing nothing on both of those topics and just by them doing nothing means we should have another option for a west leader. Divide the priminister for east canada and one for west canada. Please.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    We need to stick together. Don’t help screw over those of us stuck in Ontario just to save your own skins!
    And, earlier:

Maybe some guys in that crew don’t have regular interactions with the average non-gun owning public. From my own personal interactions, asking for CC and full auto at THIS time of the debate would be shooting us in the foot.
    So, you would like us to not “screw over” you Ontarians by advocating for freedom in the west, but think that asking for an end to prohibition/restriction would shoot you in the foot in the east, if we stayed.

And you wonder why we want out.

Freedom means that criminalization must end, that prohibition/restriction must end, that the requirement to demonstrate need must end.

History clearly shows that accepting criminalization, prohibition/restriction, and the requirement to demonstrate need will end badly for us.

Canadian firearm owners have been accepting that crap, and whining about how advocating for protection of life would “shoot us in the foot” since I was a youngster - while things have become worse each year.

Now, I’m a grandfather and could become a great grandfather within the year.

Enough already!

Get your heads out of your asses, or pack up your guns for collection!
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Timhorton View Post
    I agree totally. Oil is in a crisis and the west is in a crisis and our government is doing nothing on both of those topics and just by them doing nothing means we should have another option for a west leader. Divide the priminister for east canada and one for west canada. Please.
    Actually it would be bad if our governments were doing nothing but it is far worse. Both federal Liberals and B.C's NDP actively sabotage Alberta's economy, B.C. by putting up law suit after law suit against TMX expansion and Federal Liberals by not only inaction but also by active sabotage by implementing C-69 and C-48. Once you look what is in those 2 laws, you will realize the Liberals are actively doing everything they can to make sure Alberta is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    Well said but also to add, Lieberals have completely lost any of their legitimacy from rural B.C. all the way to middle of Manitoba. How can they implement a radical policy such as large gun ban/confiscation in a region of size of half of Europe where they do NOT have a single seat ? Any political adviser or analyst would say they're crazy.
    What's your point? They are crazy. Besides, all parties except Conartist want guns banned, so they can do what they want without resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustme View Post
    Unfortunately for our children, its Canada's turn at the civil war table. we've just sat down and waiting for our order to be taken. its a matter of time before it clacks off. And if your a liberal or live in a liberal riding id be worried. One night the door will get kicked in, wifey will be raped and children will be executed while hubby watches the whole thing. This is history not the sentiment of a western separatist or some disgruntled oil worker. Its cause and effect.
    While I agree with much of your post, I'm too slow and thick to comprehend the above. Who is gonna kick in our doors? Police? Army? Sure, if you're a gun owner. Do you truly believe they're gonna rape, torture and murder?

Perhaps it'll be the new irregular immigrants?

Lieberals are wimps. They're afraid of guns. Many I admit, are afraid because they're the violent regressive left, projecting their desires on us. But are there enough of them to do that?

Kanukistan ain't the Balkans. There aren't massive amounts of hatred bred into us by stories of people who look exactly the same yet their names give away their ancestry and therefore they're targets.

Open to your explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    And, earlier:

So, you would like us to not “screw over” you Ontarians by advocating for freedom in the west, but think that asking for an end to prohibition/restriction would shoot you in the foot in the east, if we stayed.

And you wonder why we want out.

Freedom means that criminalization must end, that prohibition/restriction must end, that the requirement to demonstrate need must end.

History clearly shows that accepting criminalization, prohibition/restriction, and the requirement to demonstrate need will end badly for us.

Canadian firearm owners have been accepting that crap, and whining about how advocating for protection of life would “shoot us in the foot” since I was a youngster - while things have become worse each year.

Now, I’m a grandfather and could become a great grandfather within the year.

Enough already!

Get your heads out of your asses, or pack up your guns for collection!
    Agree 100%
    "There is always another way." - Kwai Chang Caine

“The trouble with practical jokes is that they often get elected.” - Will Rogers

Guys talking about new treaties, stupid.
    Deed the reserve land to each group, done, nothing else. Same taxes same rules, same everything for everyone regardless of skin color or genetic history.
    New constitution, that gives rights to us, ei: property, self defence, and such. People that don't think this is possible know nothing of world history. This is possible and needs to be done, I don't believe that Canada as it stands right now if fixable, and never can be, are there steps that could be done to make it better? Sure but without burning the current bill of rights and freedoms, and constitution I believe it is impossible, it would be much easier to separate and do it right(or better) than it would be to fix Canada.