Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the 2019 Legendary Black Friday Sale?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    interesting
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Wow. That’s pretty amazing for them to reach out. I got lucky with the second wave of blems but honestly it was weird in that I tried to add the item to the cart at least 20 times before it worked. Never had an experience like that before with an o line checkout.

If I had quit at 20 goes I wouldn’t have picked up a great deal. I can appreciate the frustration but MDT sure looks to be doing way more than the minimum to make things right.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC21 View Post
    Our sincerest apologies for the experience, everyone. Our servers were crashed due to the number of people logging onto the website at one time. This was unforeseen and our fault. If you missed out, send us an e-mail to support@mdttac.com, and we can see what we can do for you!

Also, we will be going through this and reaching out as soon as we can. In the meantime, if you had an issue send us an e-mail.
    Have to admit, hard to stay upset after that post. Email sent. Not the end of the world.

Went back and ordered 8 of the 12 round 308 mags. Not the blems but still an excellent deal. Also a much nicer shopping experience as the server worked properly and quickly.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 11-30-2019 at 09:47 PM.

CGN Regular
    I did get in on the deals but they contacted me via a private message here to check up and see if I got everything ok. I mean who does that. I’ve never had a company try to make you happy after the fact. I mean it was a sale. These guys are A+++ in my books. You couldn’t ask for a better Canadian Company.

I didn't manage to buy any of the items I was looking for (bipod and mags) as factory seconds. I was initially using Chrome and I couldn't get the website to load at all. I ended up trying an hour later using internet explorer and I was able to purchase both items (non-blemished versions). The blemish deals for great but oh well, no hard feeling I save a few bucks. Learn from it and make improvements for next year. Thanks for the same day shipping.

Jeez I think i bought some things but havent received a confirmation email. I had a skeletonized stock blemish but it didnt include it. Thats fairs, somebody else was quicker on the draw.
    One suggestion. Instead of selling just blemished items why not make some Black Friday Only items that are great deals with good quality but only available for the one day. Price point mags, stocks.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Will the tradition of Black Friday sale continue, or will factory blemishes go back to being listed weekly/monthly?

I’ll be happy either way, and glad to support you guys. Hopefully you’ll have taken away the learning experience from this year if it stays the same.

Glad some ‘extra’ stuff was added for a ‘second sale’ - did end up getting 1 of the things I was after, and missed out on a few things, but such is life.
    Congrats to those that scored big... this sale truly was ‘legendary’ on many accounts (good and bad )

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    Will the tradition of Black Friday sale continue, or will factory blemishes go back to being listed weekly/monthly?

I’ll be happy either way, and glad to support you guys. Hopefully you’ll have taken away the learning experience from this year if it stays the same.

Glad some ‘extra’ stuff was added for a ‘second sale’ - did end up getting 1 of the things I was after, and missed out on a few things, but such is life.
    Congrats to those that scored big... this sale truly was ‘legendary’ on many accounts (good and bad )
    IMHO was the best of the black Friday deals I picked up.... Webpage part made it interesting. Maybe I'd be singing a different tune if I didn't get the chassis I wanted, but probably not. I missed out on a couple other non-firearms deals I was really looking forward to and although I'm disappointed, c'est la vie. Good on MDT for reaching out, unnecessary in my opinion but a great gesture.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sphen View Post
    Webpage part made it interesting.
    Not interesting, purely frustrating. I made it to check out multiple times with the items I wanted in my cart........ website crashes, go to pay.......... website crashes, item out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by sphen View Post
    Maybe I'd be singing a different tune if I didn't get the chassis I wanted, but probably not.
    Barely missed last years sale, So because i work out of town I took the whole day off work, easily could of bought a non discounted tac21 for the wages I loss.

Rather funny all the people being like “I got what I wanted, don’t see why others are upset”

If the site would of functioned properly, I’d be happy and MDT would of easily made off with $2k of my money

Copy/paste from my response in the other thread:
    I just want to say, you folks at MDT are A+ and handled the website issues well. I sent an email and received a very prompt and helpful response. For anyone who had a hard time trying to order, I'd suggest taking MDT up on their offer to reach out via email - they certainly did right by me. They are stand up folks who are doing right by the customer. No need to drag them over the coals on this one or walk away with a sour taste - they very much care and have been very responsive in dealing with an unfortunate situation. I hold MDT in high regard for handling this well. I suggest everyone give them the opportunity and do the same. Thank you MDT!