Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exporting AR-15 uppers from Canada to the US

Exporting AR-15 uppers from Canada to the US

Hello,

Can IRG provide service to export AR-15 uppers from Canada to buyers in the USA?

Thank you,
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't understand your question considering Irunguns is an American company.. Their entire site is even listed price wise as USD not CAD. Do you mean work as a middle man to ship to people you wish to sell to?

Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    I don't understand your question considering Irunguns is an American company.. Their entire site is even listed price wise as USD not CAD. Do you mean work as a middle man to ship to people you wish to sell to?
    I don't understand your comment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Read it again maybe? "Can IRG provide service to export AR-15 uppers from Canada to buyers in the USA" Can be interpreted in a couple of ways. One will they ship Canadian uppers to Americans from Canada, or will you ship my uppers to my buyers for a fee. The first one makes no sense, buy a upper from the US. The second makes more sense and I asked to have him clarify. Do i need to spell it out more for you?

email Amber at IRG. There is a whole thread on exporting of firearms to the US already. Her contact info can be found in there. I'll give you a hint, the anser is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Read it again maybe? "Can IRG provide service to export AR-15 uppers from Canada to buyers in the USA" Can be interpreted in a couple of ways. One will they ship Canadian uppers to Americans from Canada, or will you ship my uppers to my buyers for a fee. The first one makes no sense, buy a upper from the US. The second makes more sense and I asked to have him clarify. Do i need to spell it out more for you?
    No offence, but you are reading too much into my question. First, IRG is company, of COURSE anything they do will have a fee attached to it. Secondly, the question is whether or not IRG will export (meaning that there is a process in place to do so with the US state dept) Canadian property (AR-15 uppers) to American Buyers (buyers means that there is a financial transaction involved - whether or not that is sell direct to US citizens or use IRG as a middle man)
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    email Amber at IRG. There is a whole thread on exporting of firearms to the US already. Her contact info can be found in there. I'll give you a hint, the anser is no.

Thank you for answering for IRG. More importantly, thank you for suggesting that i contact Amber.
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Regular
    Several variables exist if I understand your question correctly.
    AR15 are considered weapons of war when it comes to import into the USA, so technically speaking a USA made AR15 can not be imported into the USA once it has been exported. This ruling extends to pretty much all rifles that were ever used in any military and in any conflict. Ie Lee Enfields, Carcano's Mausers etc.
    The gray area from my experience is whether the BATFE would allow just the upper back into the USA, assuming it had longer than 16 inch barrel. Shorter and it falls under the SBR rule putting it in about the same category as suppressors and F/A.

I think your best bet would be to call Amber as was suggested for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    AR15 are considered weapons of war when it comes to import into the USA, so technically speaking a USA made AR15 can not be imported into the USA once it has been exported. This ruling extends to pretty much all rifles that were ever used in any military and in any conflict. Ie Lee Enfields, Carcano's Mausers etc.
    The gray area from my experience is whether the BATFE would allow just the upper back into the USA, assuming it had longer than 16 inch barrel. Shorter and it falls under the SBR rule putting it in about the same category as suppressors and F/A.

I think your best bet would be to call Amber as was suggested for clarification.
    Thanks. Email to Amber sent.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post

It's not a gray area. ANY part that is made for an AR15 is prohibited from entering american soil permanently.

The deal breaker is the "permanently" part. It can enter if it's for a competition since it's not permanently being imported.

The only workaroud is if the importer/exporter is re-importing parts/etc they exported themselves to begin with. If they're not the original exporter, it's a no-go.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast