Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 158168170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186188198 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayf01 View Post
    What are you guys using for adjustable gas blocks?
    For 556 there is no need for an adjustable block.

Other calibers maybe.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Not needed on most rifle length gas system. You just end up having it wide open...lol... Ask me how I know
    That depends on what your running for BGC and buffer weights and spring weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    For 556 there is no need for an adjustable block.

Other calibers maybe.
    Lots of things aren't needed, doesn't mean they don't have a valid purpose.

I like the SLR blocks with the detent system. Most of the ones with a set screw just end up needing to be drilled out if you want to adjust them after a couple thousand rounds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Superlative.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

At this point I plan on running a True North Arms Tube Kit (likely just a basic run of the mil so I can save some money) and Colt Bolt Carrier Group. I figured if I got the adjustable I could at least adjust it to the least gas required. If you guys think its not worth it to start off then I won't bother.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    At this point I plan on running a True North Arms Tube Kit (likely just a basic run of the mil so I can save some money) and Colt Bolt Carrier Group. I figured if I got the adjustable I could at least adjust it to the least gas required. If you guys think its not worth it to start off then I won't bother.
    I wouldn’t get one.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If your running a standard weight BCG, buffer and spring I wouldn't bother. They are more for guys that want to run all the lightweight stuff and want to squeeze every ounce of performance from their rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post

I like the SLR blocks with the detent system. Most of the ones with a set screw just end up needing to be drilled out if you want to adjust them after a couple thousand rounds.
    As noted the SLR is excellent & superlative arms gas blocks are also good. Both have a good detent system for adjustment. RDSC carries both brands.

Older adjustable gas blocks with a set screw as opposted to a hex bolt did tend to become 'non adjustable' after a few thousands rounds. One trick to avoid this is to move the screw after a range trip, open & close it 4 or 5 clicks either direction from you preffered setting. That will keep the carbon deposits from freezing the set screw or adjustment bolt. Some adjustable gas blocks recommend this in their instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by scottcullen View Post
    The Geissele lower parts kits are great and they don’t come with a trigger.
    Sources?

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    You sir have just helped me make my mind up as to which gas block I am buying!

Rdsc has them, fit perfect. Helped my buddy with his assembly and worked great