Page 186 of 238 FirstFirst ... 166176178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194196206 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Last edited by Qwerty1zer; 05-30-2020 at 02:25 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deadman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    That is my opinion, now if you could not clear the bolt catch manually, I'd start to wonder some more
    Thank you. Everything checking out so far, now I need to get out and shoot it.

I picked up the Aluminum Radian Forward assist and it protruded too far into the receiver to function properly. Ended up replacing it with a modified strike industries forward assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1zer View Post
    On the topic of forward assists, looking to replace the out of spec TNA one I have that rubbed the roll pin. (at least I hope its not the receiver)
    I'm assuming most other "name brand" FA's work fine but has anyone tried Radian's FA in either Ti of Al?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    I’m reading many questions about magazine compatibility, any chance the third run will address the issue with gen 3 PMAGS and other mags not fitting or fitting too tightly?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    This is NOT an AR15.

Has a single person come back with the issue that there bolt carrier won't clear the bolt catch?

No, you're all just saying "it doesn't clear it by as far as my ar15 does".
    What I mean is, I know it's not an AR, but you're designing it to use AR parts right? If you're marketting this product to take AR parts, unless compromises needed to be made for another critical area, wouldn't you want to check and maximize compatibility?

Here's the actual problem. Yes my bolt does clears the bolt catch if you charge the BCG on an empty magazine. However, at two occasions(and this is my guess), my well used magazines(dirty?) actually weren't strong enough to push the bolt catch to catch the bolt after the last round in time. However these mags do function normally on my other ARs and Tavors. My guess is that in this case, more margin(more space and BCG travel time) might have given the magazine spring a better chance to push it up.

Has a single person come back with the issue that there bolt carrier won't clear the bolt catch?
    Using this logic, we also talked about the ejection port door, it's the same thing. If there's no other constraints, why wouldn't you want to mimic how far the port door closes to maximize compatibility? I know brownell's lightweight carrier wont push it open.

It's all in good faith, and I admire your operation and it must be a nightmare to handle everything. All I'm saying is to check these particular dimensions may only consume a small amount time but just a one-time-thing, and you probably don't need a "parts compatibility thread". People like myself wouldn’t need to trial and error parts compatibility, like the few brownell's lightweight carriers I bought but ended up selling at a loss.

If you ever decide to improve on the next run, I'd love for you guys to:
    1.) Mill the buffer detent hole a little more towards the rear, even if it creates a half moon notch where the charging handle rides, so the carrier travel length is exactly the same as mil spec (It'll be covered anyway)
    2.) Have ejection port door close at the same angle as a mil-spec AR, so lightweight carriers from brownell's can be used.
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 01-20-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    No issue with gen3 p-mags

Nice! Why are there so many other comments on mag compatibility and gen 3 mags?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:33 PM.

CGN Regular
    Relocating the detent to the rear allows you to screw the buffer tube one thread rearwards and your detent won’t pop out, thus increasing travel distance back to standard AR length.
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 01-20-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.