Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 CP .308 Win Bolt Action Pistol 12.5 Threaded Barrel Non-restricted ???

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    RCMP draggin heels today?
    Probably. This one is super straight forward too.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr33zi3 View Post
    Its not a semi automatic
    It doesn't matter, once you put the "pistol" label on it, any magazine that fits it cannot hold more than 10 rounds. Revolvers also are not semi-autos but are still handguns and as such all of the restricted b.s. applies.

CGN frequent flyer
    Mags are limited by what they were designed for, not what they fit. As a competition shooter you should be well aware of that. Any magazine that has more than 5 rounds and fits the rem 700 would by definition have to be designed to fit a manual action long gun.

When beretta released the cx4 or kriss the vector pistol mags didn't get limited to 5 rounds.

Stop being an alarmist. No one likes a negative nelly.
    Oh yeah ? So take a good look at 10/22. We could have 110 round drums for them. Then one day some fool thought what a great idea it would be to bring to Canada the Charger pistol model that uses the same magazine as 10/22. It became death knell our BX-25 or more magazines. You think the RCMP lab won't eventually pick up on this ? Thanks a lot for this little 700 pistol s**t, it just brings more problems and prohibitions.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    Oh yeah ? So take a good look at 10/22. We could have 110 round drums for them. Then one day some fool thought what a great idea it would be to bring to Canada the Charger pistol model that uses the same magazine as 10/22. It became death knell our BX-25 or more magazines. You think the RCMP lab won't eventually pick up on this ? Thanks a lot for this little 700 pistol s**t, it just brings more problems and prohibitions.
    The bx25 was released after the charger and therefore was technically designed to be a pistol magazine. It was just ignored for too long.

If what you're panicking about had any merit beyond the possibility of the RCMP just pulling another opinion out of their ass then they would not have allowed the SBI mag well adapter for the 1022.

Take a deep breath and enjoy what you have while you have it. If they are going to take things away they'll fund a way to do it with or without this little rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    The bx25 was released after the charger and therefore was technically designed to be a pistol magazine. It was just ignored for too long.

If what you're panicking about had any merit beyond the possibility of the RCMP just pulling another opinion out of their ass then they would not have allowed the SBI mag well adapter for the 1022.

Take a deep breath and enjoy what you have while you have it. If they are going to take things away they'll fund a way to do it with or without this little rifle.
    I agree it will probably be thru an OIC by the puppet traitor and B-liar...
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I agree it will probably be thru an OIC by the puppet traitor and B-liar...
    Yup. Imma buy this just for that reason. Gotta live it up just in case.

I haven't been this excited about a rifle for some time. I was looking into doing a custom 13-14" build myself a few months ago.
    Last edited by driller212; 01-31-2020 at 07:27 PM.

CGN Regular
    RCMP pull thumbs from bums on this one yet?

No, we have yet to hear any confirmation either by phone or receive any replies to the emails we have sent. This leads us to believe there are some unknown issues or maybe they are that busy. Normally clarification like this is done very quickly.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    No, we have yet to hear any confirmation either by phone or receive any replies to the emails we have sent. This leads us to believe there are some unknown issues or maybe they are that busy. Normally clarification like this is done very quickly.
    Well hopefully they get back to you. I mean the law is the law so I'm not really worried, but I'm holding off until they confirm for now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    It doesn't matter, once you put the "pistol" label on it, any magazine that fits it cannot hold more than 10 rounds. Revolvers also are not semi-autos but are still handguns and as such all of the restricted b.s. applies.
    Not 100% true, there are 12 shot 22 revolvers for sale and legal in Canada
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer