Page 210 of 238 FirstFirst ... 190200202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218220230 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsrelentless View Post
    Compared to the SLR the MS is loose. If I'd do it again I'd buy two MS sets. They are tight but are workable. Slr with the thick cerakote is ridiculous. My Midwest industries upper rod won't even fit and all the pin holes need cleaned before any pins are installed.
    I only have experience with MS and AR-15s. I really like the quality of the MS receivers and do appreciate the tight fit between receivers, but everything else will take a little finesse to work with.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    Yeah I think I've got to break it in, would totally agree she is tight like a tiger. Hopefully just needs to be broken in a bit. At least it's on and the pin comes out with some extra effort....went in easier the second time hopefully that trend continues.
    Yes it will wear in. I spend an hour watching TV just popping the pivot pin in and out. Eventually it gets easier.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

It’s a lot easier if you have the proper tools and don’t forget the black electrical tape . The roll pin holders and half cut out punch for the bolt release save a lot of assembly scares
    My post are 100% typed on iPhone and I have fat fingers . What looks like poor grammar or punctuation is just my own laziness. Misspelled words and are autocorrected to something else .

Sounds like Magpul BAD worked with the receivers. Anyone have experience with using one?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    Sounds like Magpul BAD worked with the receivers. Anyone have experience with using one?
    I think one guy had problems with it.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    Idk why this is, but I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard Gen 2 and the barrel nut doesn't align with the gas tube hole in the upper. With no spacers it sits a little ways between two holes in the barrel nut. I had to use all 8 washers/spacers and even then I can only hand tighten it otherwise it won't align again which isn't safe. Even then, the hole in the upper receiver is slightly too high and doesn't allow it to pass through.

On my both my AR-15 uppers (Aero and PSA) it only needed 2 spacers and alignment was perfect so the gas tube slid right in.

... What can I do to fix that?
    Turning back the internal shoulder in the barrel nut (so it tightens closer to one of the holes) and slotting out the hole in the barrel nut the gas tube passes though would be the only solution i could see, if you were dead set on using that handguard.

Edit: You might also need to modify the anti-rotation tabs on the handguard so it can sit flush with the upper receiver. I had to remove them completely to use an Aero Atlas S-One.
    Last edited by Agent Law; 03-29-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Law View Post
    Turning back the internal shoulder in the barrel nut (so it tightens closer to one of the holes) and slotting out the hole in the barrel nut the gas tube passes though would be the only solution i could see, if you were dead set on using that handguard.

Edit: You might also need to modify the anti-rotation tabs on the handguard so it can sit flush with the upper receiver. I had to remove them completely to use an Aero Atlas S-One.
    The barrel nut is a solid piece of aluminum so I can't adjust anything on it. Luckily the anti-rotation tabs aren't in the way and it can sit flush. The only solutions I can think of is are either lap the receiver (which aTRS advises against) or drill a new gas tube hole ... somehow.

I'm selling the handguard now anyways so it won't matter. Let this be a warning to anyone else with this handguard.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    The barrel nut is a solid piece of aluminum so I can't adjust anything on it. Luckily the anti-rotation tabs aren't in the way and it can sit flush. The only solutions I can think of is are either lap the receiver (which aTRS advises against) or drill a new gas tube hole ... somehow.

I'm selling the handguard now anyways so it won't matter. Let this be a warning to anyone else with this handguard.
    You would need a lathe and mill to make the modifications I suggested. I wouldn't modify the upper unless absolutely necessary; it's better to modify the cheaper part, which in this case is the barrel nut.
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

A BAD Levers works but i had to file down the side not visible when installed slightly because it installed fine but, didn’t have the range of motion to work. You can’t see it because its the part touching the upper receiver and it took about a minute with a file. Its just a tiny amount to remove so don’t get carried away.

For people who have a bsf barrel, Mike told me he used a bsf 223 wylde barrel, maple ridge armory handguard and a troy non adjustable gas block. Fits with room to spare. He originally had a superlative arms clamp on gas block. It didnt fit without rubbing on the top
    Last edited by auracle; 04-18-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.