Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rem 870 Police 14 inch

XS Sights makes good tritium sights for the 870. Buy whatever 870 model suits you and get the XS afterwards. The rifle sights on the 870 barrels are really nice though. I upgraded the RS on my 870 Police Marine to the XS Big Dot Tritium

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8261

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    Actually the op picture link is to this model which does list tritium sights... im not sure if its the wrong picture for the model NM is selling or not... NM would have to chime in...

82732 is the only match I can find to the OP and the picture in the OP links to model 82732 directly off the remington site...
    Its also pretty obvious they are the same sights in the comparo pictures above at least considering what the other ones look like on Rem def site.

here is the direct link from the picture in the OP

ht tps://www.remingtondefense.com/assets/images/shotguns/low-profile/82732.jpg
    Yeah, something is off as the model number 24453 is not even listed on Rems site. Nordic will have to clear up what the actual model is.

These sights are offered in night or normal. They likely look identical other then the tritium inserts.

Either way, the 82732 is the model I want personally. Just waiting to hear if Nordic can get them?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    XS Sights makes good tritium sights for the 870. Buy whatever 870 model suits you and get the XS afterwards. The rifle sights on the 870 barrels are really nice though. I upgraded the RS on my 870 Police Marine to the XS Big Dot Tritium

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8261
    Why would one buy a gun without the sights they want just to discard the old ones, spend extra to buy the right ones, and then even more money to have them installed when one could just order the model that comes with the sights they want? Seams like a bad idea unless one is very impatient or the desired model is unavailable forcing one to make a clone.

Do you have a pic of your marine with the XS on it by chance?
    Last edited by Tachead; 04-14-2020 at 02:05 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Yeah, something is off as the model number 24453 is not even listed on Rems site. Nordic will have to clear up what the actual model is.

These sights are offered in night or normal. They likely look identical other then the tritium inserts.

Either way, the 82732 is the model I want personally. Just waiting to hear if Nordic can get them?
    I looked when the post first came up and like you say... I couldnt find that SKU number at all... the 24453
    Hopefully it is the 82732 model since its the one pictured...

I think NM mentioned that the factory these come out of isnt closed down so if it is the 82732 one then it sounds like NM can do another order for them...
    Last edited by CosmiC10R; 04-14-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

I guess we will be waiting awhile for these as the person I talked to on the phone said they didn’t even make it through the border yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Why would one buy a gun without the sights they want just to discard the old ones, spend extra to buy the right ones, and then even more money to have them installed when one could just order the model that comes with the sights they want? Seams like a bad idea unless one is very impatient or the desired model is unavailable forcing one to make a clone.

Do you have a pic of your marine with the XS on it by chance?
    If they make the model you want with the sights you want, then lucky you. As others have noted, they don't make many models with tritium from factory. A lot of people buy 870's only to immediately change the factory configuration to build something more customized to them.

Here's pics off one from rem870.com, mine looks the same. These may require a little filing to fit on the front dovetail. For shotguns with bead sights, epoxy is used to mount the front sight. Most people can do this themselves with a little patience and the right file.

Last edited by mastermind; 04-14-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Hey NM,

Can we get an ETA update on these particular 870s from your second pre-sale???

Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    ^^^best bling bling shotgun ever^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Hey NM,

Can we get an ETA update on these particular 870s from your second pre-sale???

Update?
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    this is straight from the pre-order page on the website:

Name:  2020-04-15 08_21_08-Remington 870® Police 14_ RS Collapsible Parkerized - Nordic Marksman Inc..png
Views: 958
Size:  9.8 KB

Sit tight. Nordic is a top-notch vendor. When there is something to say, they will update us.