Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    I don't think it will have to come to that, all signs point to grandfathering, it's almost guaranteed now. The reason they won't tell us is because they don't want people panic buying, they're trying to make us scared & deter us from buying more rifles.
    If they announced they would allow grandfathering, every black rifle in this country would be sold out.
    Maybe, but do you think they will say: 'The prohibited firearms our now grandfathered you may now use them'. I highly doubt it, grandfathering = a shiny, well oiled, locked in a safe gun in my opinion. This attack on our community is mind-boggling, and quite frankly disgusting.
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    I agree with this completely - I've been writing the Premier of Sask several times. I think the Premier's need to step up and but will take public pressure. The Federal battle clearly isn't working well.
    Has he replied? I haven’t received a reply.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFlint View Post
    Spoke to ATRS today. Your deposit is non refundable per policy. When the receivers are finished, you will pay the balance for delivery. No cancellation or refunds for now.

I think a strong case can be made that the product at time of order was of a different legal status than time of actual delivery; and I’m not certain of the legalities of stated policy given that prohib items can no longer be sold, since the actual transfer of goods hasn’t happened. ATRS could be exposing themselves to some serious legal ramifications.

THAT SAID, I feel quite badly for our home grown Canadian businesses who followed all the rules but still got screwed by the drama teacher. They did nothing to cause this, and worked hard to get the community an NR direct impingement option. We might be screwed on these orders, BUT I aslo don’t want ATRS to die with a bunch of CNC machines they might sell; and a bunch of alumn blanks that are now less than raw metal value. It’s not right.
    I agree with you. I was just worried that people that only paid half would end up with nothing. Money is the least of my concerns here.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    I agree with this completely - I've been writing the Premier of Sask several times. I think the Premier's need to step up and but will take public pressure. The Federal battle clearly isn't working well.
    Under this govt, (rifle controversy aside) it’s men like the ones at ATRS who are public enemy #1.
    Entrepreneurs who take an idea starting from nothing and make it into something like they have..
    They are just the first. Given the chance this will spill over (and has been) to every industry in the country.
    Makes me sick.

I agree 100%
    A proud Life Member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Has he replied? I haven’t received a reply.
    No nothing yet. I have a business with 40-odd employees, trying to point out that I'm a normal law abiding person contribues to the community and i'm pissed off, but i'm sure I am one of many letters he gets everyday. But i'll keep trying...

BANNED
    This is why we need to fight hard guys, they are playing real ball this time. Write all of the MP's in Parliament, call if you can, fund the orgs, sign and share the crap out of e-2574!

Anyone found any new images/updates on the MS?

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staryoskol View Post
    I agree with you. I was just worried that people that only paid half would end up with nothing. Money is the least of my concerns here.
    I paid half. What are my options?

What’s wrong with this country is that under our current government, the harder you work and the more risks you take, the more those silver spoons will punish you for it. Libs don’t want anyone to accumulate wealth or influence.

Political detraction aside - yeah I hear you staryoskol. I think the unfortunate reality is that ATRS may not even be able to ship receivers to us since that too is now illegal. I’d sue the govt hard over this one; but will wait till ATRS sorts this out and will continue to support them how I can.
    Last edited by SteelFlint; 05-19-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead