Page 59 of 128 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555657585960616263646566676979 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a transfer been waiting since May 1. Called for another today told 10 weeks for Ontario

Still waiting on a transfer from April 16

Does anyone know if making a second restricted purchase, while waiting for another, impedes the process of the first transfer in any way?

BANNED
    They should be handled separately and people do buy multiple guns without one affecting the others. Lots of reasonable reasons why: "I just got my tax refund", "guys are unemployed and selling at great prices", "my wife lost her mind and said 'buy it'".

However, multiple purchases, particularly of the same gun, can raise suspicions of straw purchasing: "why are you buying nine of the same gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xyra View Post
    Does anyone know if making a second restricted purchase, while waiting for another, impedes the process of the first transfer in any way?
    Not in my case. It didn't change the speed for the first transfer but my second transfer came much quicker. To give you an idea my first transfer was early April approved early June. Second transfer was early May but approved 2-3 days after the first transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by alguuu View Post
    Not in my case. It didn't change the speed for the first transfer but my second transfer came much quicker. To give you an idea my first transfer was early April approved early June. Second transfer was early May but approved 2-3 days after the first transfer.
    Hey, maybe that's good news for me. Perhaps they see the second transfer in the system when they start the first.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    They should be handled separately and people do buy multiple guns without one affecting the others. Lots of reasonable reasons why: "I just got my tax refund", "guys are unemployed and selling at great prices", "my wife lost her mind and said 'buy it'".

However, multiple purchases, particularly of the same gun, can raise suspicions of straw purchasing: "why are you buying nine of the same gun?"
    Yeah. It's two completely different guns. This is good news and thanks for the reply.

Just got my transfer...submitted April 14, received June 27.

April 21-June 26 Ontario

April 20 to June 30.