Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why everyone's shelves will be empty for the foreseeable future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Just point out that the best way to create a shortage is to announce one. When everybody buy normally, the supply chain can replenish even if it is slow.
    With panic buying - buying more than needed in anticipation of a shortage..create a shortage.

Remember the paper toilet customers induced shortage when none was ??

This kind of situation also created ammo and components shortage in the past.
    Factory Closures and Supply Chain disruptions are real.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    Why everyone's shelves will be empty - is because of suddenly everyone is thinking they will be and spreading the panic buy. I guess this post as well contributes to it. Then people sit on a pile of toilet paper and crates of ammo in their garage and wonder why store shelves are still full.
    Sitting on crates of ammo and piles of TP is remarkably comfortable and psychologically soothing.

Just point out that the best way to create a shortage is to announce one. When everybody buy normally, the supply chain can replenish even if it is slow.
    With panic buying - buying more than needed in anticipation of a shortage..create a shortage.

True to a point but remembering the last ammo shortage 5 years ago 22 lr ammo was not cheap at 10 cents a round or more and hard to find so it makes sense to buy it cheap and stack it deep where and when possible. A year or two ago I could get decent Federal 22 at 4 cents a round before tax. Now it is generally 8 cents or more. CCI is also more expensive.

BANNED
    Appreciate the heads up.
    Hopefully most of the guys here understand what's staring them in the face

Also reminds me I had better get on with paying the taxes on those mags, haha! Get 'em in!!

There is no creating a shortage, we are past that. The shelves are empty, we are selling turkey guns for home defense. Rather then have everyone speculating it's better to to try and keep everyone informed.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

I bought a bit of ammunition back in early May (I'm in New Hampshire.) At that time, 55 gr. 5.56mm was going for about $0.32 per round. Now it seems to average $0.55 (71% increase)

230 gr. .45 ball has gone from $0.26 to $0.42 (62% increase)

Meanwhile, I bought a bunch of Win Super-X 100 gr .243, and the prices are slightly lower now.

Thank you for the analysis and update.

CGN Regular
    i dont think covid, whats happening with our laws and whats happening in the states helps.

buy while you can!

In my opinion, this post would have more credibility with sources and also if it wasn't posted by someone who directly benefits from the panic buying caused by the spread of fear and product scarcity. That's some nasty marketing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can't speak for firearms but try and buy a bike at your local shop right now.
    #torontoexit