Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

Yes a takedown short barrel side loading 9mm. I like traditional walnut straight stock myself.
    [/URL][/IMG]

not to be a broken record but 9mm would be awesome. Also, our ability to have 7.62x39 (as most of those are semi autos) is under threat, so a lever 7.62x39 would be wonderful and ensure our stocks of ammo were viable if the Liberals continue to win. I do realize the pointed round butting the centerfire would be a technical/safety issue so mag fed would likely have to be the solution on that one.
    Funding the "Bank of Dad" for over 30 years.

Tactical mares leg all black with available full size stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Side gate, synthetic "mares leg" but with full stock and Ghost Ring sight. Pistol chamberings and maybe a 3030 for giggles. Oh, and leave a little Pic rail on the bottom, because options are nice.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

…..
    Last edited by 6MT; 08-17-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainin View Post
    The AXE is really interesting, other calibers considered?

Is there 'takedown' in your lineup? TD with a shorter barrel option makes expeditions into the bush that much easier.
    We're definitely considering other calibers for this form factor, but no firm plans as of yet. Seems like a 9mm would do quite well based on the responses so far, but I wonder about the viability of stacking 9mm cartridges in a tube magazine (I'm not an engineer at Henry).

We don't yet make a takedown in anything larger than the .22 LR U.S. Survival AR-7 at this time. We do see a lot of requests for something like what you're describing though as a brush gun, so who knows what the future may hold.

I would like to see some X model rimfire models.

Is there any chance of an ar7 survival setup but in a 9mm or 223? Could a strait bolt action keep the liberals at bay?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    It's not that "new" ones should be considered. You should focus more on providing a better supply up to the north country. Side gate pistol caliber BBS's and brass receiver rifles are pretty scarce for long periods of time throughout the year (between production cycles).
    Well, we're always considering new models, so that's not something that will ever go away for us. Depending on what we're working on, it could take a couple of years of development so we always like to have different irons in the fire, so to speak.

As for availability, this is definitely something that we're working on. In fact, our international exports are taking a very high priority right now to try and fill as many backorders as possible with the importers and keep the supply chain flowing. Like pretty much every other manufacturer out there, we've been a bit hampered lately with limited production and delays, but we're getting back to business now. I believe the paperwork and licensing involved with exporting firearms also changed recently, so our Export Manager had a mountain of work to get through in order to start shipping to Canada again.

Belt Fed .50 BMG levergun.

Just kidding.

Any chance of a 'mini' 1860 henry in .22lr? Would be a great collector piece, and fun for the kids too.