Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    I didn't read the whole thread, but a decently affordable single shot low or highwall in 30-30 would be cool. I just want to see someone make one. Or a Martini replica in 30-30. Love those old single shot rifles.
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    I agree......a 9mm side gate lever action, carbine(16.5"),add a large loop, octagonal bbl and Skinner sights!
    Who do I pay....
    joi gin

Mares leg in 9mm please

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunn072 View Post
    I'd love to see a left handed lever action. I know, I know, it's not necessary... but it'd be nice to have something tailored to a lefty(left side loading, left side ejection).
    I like this, for levers it is really just the upwards or angel ejection for lefties currently, so something truly left handed would be great, that might even trump my Burgess folding 12 gauge suggestion.

A side gate lever action rifle that doesn’t retain the tube feed. The current side gates that still retain the tube feed look silly and it’s what has stopped me from buying a Henry in the past. If you want to make a side gate loading gun, make one; don’t retro-fit an existing rifle.

Ideally something with nice looking straight grain walnut, deep blue, butt plate (not recoil pad) and no silly safeties. Basically a Marlin of days gone by. I’d be all over it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    All weather big boy 44mag with 14” barrel, in fact all the all weathers in a short barrel
    Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

Last edited by Astute Observer; 07-21-2020 at 10:51 PM.

A falling block single shot.

12 or 14 inch Big boy in Stainless, ideally with the octagon barrel
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by StrelokM38 View Post
    Belt Fed .50 BMG levergun.

Just kidding.

Any chance of a 'mini' 1860 henry in .22lr? Would be a great collector piece, and fun for the kids too.
    This is instantly what jumped to mind for me, the 1860 Henry is probably my favourite single motion lever action firearm just because of its really unique look without a handguard. But reproductions in the big calibers are pretty expensive and though I would love one someday a .22LR at a bit lighter price point and shooting such a cheap cartridge would be really fun. I love my current H001 and really liked the Mare's Leg I had in the past too, in terms of .22 lever actions you guys always come to mind first for me. The 9mm and 7.62x39mm lever action ideas floating around are pretty cool ideas I could make use of too though, I have to admit. No matter what you guys decide I'm pretty excited to see it though, you guys make great guns!

I'm not sure how practical it would be but a lever action in 7.62x39.