Page 102 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8292949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110112122 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

I've got a pile of hornady steel match ammo I was planning on shooting. Hopefully It'll be fine with my faxon pencil barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    With locking lugs, like a Ross rifle or K31.
    I took the spring out of my ar and when I tilted it up the action slid open. Does that happen with this setup??

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I don't know of course, but you should probably be fine if they are only having problems with Barnaul (Steel case) and Independence (Really Effing Hot)

Regular pressure 223 brass case ammo is less likely to cause problems than steel case or high pressure 5.56 in my experience.
    It wasn't so much the issues with Barnaul or Independence that gave me pause, it was the "3MOA at best" comment but, as SBI stated above, it's an older barrel, light and/or steel cased bullets, etc, etc, so I'm optimistic about my chances with working up decent 62/65/68/69gr loads for it.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
    ― George Orwell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    I took the spring out of my ar and when I tilted it up the action slid open. Does that happen with this setup??
    I asked this same question early on. SBI answered that with a mag in, the carrier is held forward by the locking lugs and upward force applied by the mag spring and follower to the carrier. SBI further stated that they tested this a number of ways and found no problems. That said, I do not recommend this firearm for use in an anti aircraft role.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    With a magazine inserted, no.

Here's a pic of the rifle sitting vertically.

Here's a rifle built using parts from a M&P 15

Can you put a Ambi AR safety on it?
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Lt.Col. Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    Can you put a Ambi AR safety on it?
    Yep, absolutely. The reason you don't see it on our rifles is I absolutely do not like them. Personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Yep, absolutely. The reason you don't see it on our rifles is I absolutely do not like them. Personal preference.
    Awesome! Thanks for thinking of us Southpaws.

Also as to my previous question, what's the overall length of the receiver set? To look at a minimum barrel length with a fixed stock.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Lt.Col. Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for thinking of us Southpaws.

Also as to my previous question, what's the overall length of the receiver set? To look at a minimum barrel length with a fixed stock.
    It's going to depend on your stock. With a Magpul MOE, minimum barrel length is gonna be 12". With a fixed stock you can go shorter.