Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restricted Barrel for Walther PPK?

Nice looking Bersa, where did you find the faux suppressor? The grips a very nice also.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    Better than deactivating them...
    Not IMO. Like a woman, beauty comes before functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Not IMO. Like a woman, beauty comes before functionality.
    Lol, if you want to shoot a PPK in Canada, there is no other way. I like to shoot interesting pistols and want a PPK, be it extended barrel or whatever lol.

The Bersa is looks very nice! Maybe I'll go with a fake suppressor as well.

I may have a line on a company who might help. If this happens, I'll post an update in Pistols and revolvers forum.

Cheers,
    Thor

I have a Walther PP in 9 mm kurtz with Interarms markings that I plan on getting a longer barrel. Depending on the next election and the wacko Liberals and how much they hate guns & if these bozos get in, I won't get this project done.
    --
    We need another Conservative majority NOW

Is it true that you can shoot 38acp reliably in a 9mm Kurtz PP? There is one for sale here that might be better to convert than the 32acp I'm looking at.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsbear View Post
    Is it true that you can shoot 38acp reliably in a 9mm Kurtz PP? There is one for sale here that might be better to convert than the 32acp I'm looking at.
    The 38ACP is too long & not interchangeable with 9mm Kurz (which is the European designation for 380 ACP).

Thanks, I'll need to convert the 32acp to 38acp then.

Quote Originally Posted by kouma View Post
    Bersa Thunder 380 costs about $400 and looks as good
    Where did you get the grips. Looks sweet!

Interesting find, there was a reddit post from 3 years ago stating that Dlask converted a 38acp PPK to a restricted barrel. I'll give them a call this week to see if they just did a single batch or are still able to convert.

https://www. reddit.com/r/Walther/comments/6r7gqf/my_first_handgun_slightly_molested_because_canada/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsbear View Post
    Interesting find, there was a reddit post from 3 years ago stating that Dlask converted a 38acp PPK to a restricted barrel. I'll give them a call this week to see if they just did a single batch or are still able to convert.

https://www. reddit.com/r/Walther/comments/6r7gqf/my_first_handgun_slightly_molested_because_canada/
    I think there is some confusion here over calibre designation. .380 ACP and 9mm Kurz (9x17) are the same cartridge (.380 ACP is the North American designation and 9mm Kurz is the European designation) so a PP/PPK chambered in 9mm Kurz can shoot .380 ACP ammo with no problem.

38 ACP is a completely different calibre from.380 ACP. It's European designation is 9×23mm SR (semi-rimmed). You can see that it is considerably longer than the 9x17 and thus much more powerful which essentially makes it impractical for a blowback design gun such as the PP/PPK. In fact, 38 Super (which many 1911 are chambered for) is just a hotter loaded 38 ACP.

I know the designations look almost identical but .380 ACP is in no way the same as .38 ACP. A .32 ACP PP/PPK could fairly easily be converted to .380 ACP with just a barrel change but could not safely be converted 38 ACP. In fact given that the 38 ACP case is nominally 6mm longer than the 380 ACP it wouldn't even fit in a PP/PPK mag.

Hope this makes some sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast