Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Glock P80

CGN frequent flyer thenewbieglockguy's Avatar
    Can anyone update if this can be imported or not??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey, does anyone know if it comes with a fragile trigger return spring like my original? I kind of miss being the trigger reset.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewbieglockguy View Post
    Can anyone update if this can be imported or not??
    Not directly. You can buy it on gunbroker or similar and an importer such as IRG or Prophet River can import it from the FFL. Call all parties in advance to verify they are willing to participate and find out what the fees would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad View Post
    I thought they were on Generation 5, still seeking perfection. And that they already achieved the most innovative and copied design since the 1911.
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if they're 5 Generations in and they're still selling pistols with plastic sights, there's still work to be done. Also, "Most copied" is debatable - how do you even measure that? You could make similar arguments about the CZ-75 family being just as copied, if not more.

Glock is basically a one-trick pony. All they've done since the 17 has been release slightly tweaked models of the same gun, over and over again. I'm not saying that they don't make a good product, but they are starting to lose ground against their competitors. Consumers and Mil / LE customers are starting to choose other options.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milofficer View Post
    ...but Glock, like some other brands out there have kind of left the innovation to their competitors.
    Honestly, I think Glock pistols were a giant breakthrough when they hit the market, and they mostly got things right...that's why many have copied them and that's why they haven't changed much over the years.

I got one in 1986 in the early days. I really liked it, then liked gen 2 even more, and gen 3 more than that. In gen 4 and 5, the dual recoil springs are an improvement.

Just my opinion.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked&Locked View Post
    Honestly, I think Glock pistols were a giant breakthrough when they hit the market, and they mostly got things right...that's why many have copied them and that's why they haven't changed much over the years.

I got one in 1986 in the early days. I really liked it, then liked gen 2 even more, and gen 3 more than that. In gen 4 and 5, the dual recoil springs are an improvement.

Just my opinion.
    I completely agree - their recipe for moulding the frame rails into the plastic grip was a big breakthrough, and their low part count matched with high quality made a really good gun for the day, especially compared to its contemporaries in the 1980s. And don't get me wrong, I think the Gen 5 is an excellent pistol and the evolutionary changes they made were all good, even if they took a long time to respond to customer demand to actually implement them.

I just think that Sig, as an example, is doing a lot more to innovate, and not just in the pistol arena. They've had some hiccups along the way (Glock did too) but the 320 family is shaping up to be a contender as the 'next Glock' in my opinion, especially with them becoming the US standard service pistol.

CGN frequent flyer thenewbieglockguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Not directly. You can buy it on gunbroker or similar and an importer such as IRG or Prophet River can import it from the FFL. Call all parties in advance to verify they are willing to participate and find out what the fees would be.
    Ok thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big Bad's Avatar
    At the deadly intersection of Turd and Blair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milofficer View Post
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if they're 5 Generations in and they're still selling pistols with plastic sights, there's still work to be done. Also, "Most copied" is debatable - how do you even measure that? You could make similar arguments about the CZ-75 family being just as copied, if not more.

Glock is basically a one-trick pony. All they've done since the 17 has been release slightly tweaked models of the same gun, over and over again. I'm not saying that they don't make a good product, but they are starting to lose ground against their competitors. Consumers and Mil / LE customers are starting to choose other options.
    Nice thing about capitalism is that you get so many different choices. I like what Glock is doing.
    "Guns don't kill people, the government does." -- Dale Gribble
    "The best fatal mistakes to learn from are those made by others" -- BB Truism
    "Knowledge isn't free. You have to pay attention." -- Richard Feynman

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345