Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Time to go, are your ready? A thread for the Prep Folk

BANNED
    TBH, an entire business could be made sourcing and packing custom bags, but allowing for individual items. Call it the dim sum method. $25/50/100 for a bag and add it all individually.

Looking at the bleeding kit thats almost $200, I am surprised that it doesn't have hemostats, sutures, skin closures, or even a big roll of gauze. A lot of that $200 is blown on just a few items: the tactical tourniquet, a brand name quik clot dressing, a brand name chest seal. Also, we get a high speed low drag patch.

Replace the $40 hi-fin vent with three $14 GI vents, and I can potentially deal with multiple chest wounds.
    It also has a single pair of gloves. If I am dealing with injuries, I might need someone's help...or I might contaminate my gloves accidentally and need to change them. A single pair of gloves is pennypinching gone stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    We sell all kids of great stuff right here at Wanstalls For example:

https://wanstallsonline.com/imminent-threat-solutions/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    I renewed my life, homeowners and car insurance for 2021.

Does this mean I'm a prepper
    Insurance is a good Prep.

If you suffer flooding, fire or an Earthquake, and it's not TEOTWAWKI then you'll be glad you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    We sell all kids of great stuff right here at Wanstalls For example:

https://wanstallsonline.com/imminent-threat-solutions/
    When I read "Imminent Threat Solutions", I had a mental picture of things with pointy ends and things that go "boom".

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallenstein View Post
    Insurance is a good Prep.

If you suffer flooding, fire or an Earthquake, and it's not TEOTWAWKI then you'll be glad you have it.
    I can't tell if this is trolling or not, but flooding and earthquakes are not covered by standard homeowners policies and fire can be an absolute nightmare: if your house is unlivable, it'll take years before the insurance pays out and your payout is capped. So you and your family will spend two years living in a ####ty apartment so as not to eat up the rebuild payout of your house.

I have lived an entire year outside in Canada. It was cold, still got all my fingers and toes. Slept in my winter jacket and leggings. Ate fried pork fat and potatoes for the most part.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a no-nonsense survival situation relevant medical diagnosis and guideline book? I can't seem to find a really good one.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    I can't tell if this is trolling or not, but flooding and earthquakes are not covered by standard homeowners policies and fire can be an absolute nightmare: if your house is unlivable, it'll take years before the insurance pays out and your payout is capped. So you and your family will spend two years living in a ####ty apartment so as not to eat up the rebuild payout of your house.
    Not trolling.

I buy the extensions that best suit my location.

You may fight with your insurance company, but given that your home is likely the single largest asset & liability you will own, having insurance is a must.

Your Bank is likely to insist on it as part of the mortgage, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nċjd View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a no-nonsense survival situation relevant medical diagnosis and guideline book? I can't seem to find a really good one.
    Pretty much everything is here : h t t p s ://www.doomandbloom.net/

Good You Tube channel, too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nċjd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallenstein View Post
    Pretty much everything is here : h t t p s ://www.doomandbloom.net/

Good You Tube channel, too.
    Yes, also "where there is no doctor" and "where there is no dentist".
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    TBH, an entire business could be made sourcing and packing custom bags, but allowing for individual items. Call it the dim sum method. $25/50/100 for a bag and add it all individually.

Looking at the bleeding kit thats almost $200, I am surprised that it doesn't have hemostats, sutures, skin closures, or even a big roll of gauze. A lot of that $200 is blown on just a few items: the tactical tourniquet, a brand name quik clot dressing, a brand name chest seal. Also, we get a high speed low drag patch.

Replace the $40 hi-fin vent with three $14 GI vents, and I can potentially deal with multiple chest wounds.
    It also has a single pair of gloves. If I am dealing with injuries, I might need someone's help...or I might contaminate my gloves accidentally and need to change them. A single pair of gloves is pennypinching gone stupid.
    Yeah, I'm looking at this angle, too. Most of the people I'm targeting on this don't really have the time to educate themselves to customize. We're trying to hit normies who would otherwise by buying Judy and Preppi. My thoughts on the ITS pack as well as Echo Sigma is that they target enthusiasts, 'prosumers' and people who basically already have all this gear. And those who are starting from scratch will quickly add-up all the bits and bobs to $1200.
    But yeah, as some have mentioned, sticker shock is a big problem.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910