Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Sporter is now .......?

CGN frequent flyer
    A $3000 10/22 ?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    The old law states ar15’s and ar15 variants are restricted. The new oic law says ar15’s, variants and modified versions. The old frt demed it not a variant But now it also has to pass the new word modified.

Is the ms a modified version of an ar15? A judge will have to decide.
    There would have to be charges laid before this would end up before a judge.

I don't think any leo (other than the ones who are now in political positions) is interested in laying charges for possession or use of a modern sporter at this point.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

No disrespect to some LEO's but in my experience the average one has limited gun knowledge at best and before you could even explain to them what they are looking at they would assume it's an ar15 and charge you accordingly as well as seize the rifle.
    Great men are not born great, they grow great.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by Patruick View Post
    No disrespect to some LEO's but in my experience the average one has limited gun knowledge
    While I have to agree with that (Because of work/hobby/family. I happen to hang around with LEO and game wardens) They're also good guys (and gals) and they hate paperwork (or charging people) as much as possible.
    - But just to be on the safe side, if going into the wood/range with something that could be considered "scary"... I gotten into the habit of either having a copy of the FRT and/or some other documentation
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anybody else notice that the RCMP are controlled by Ontario, yet Ontario has its OWN police force? 2 questions
    Why do they not use the RCMP? And if they dont, why are we being subjected to the law enforcement of another province? Kenny needs to hurry up with the Alberta Police force and kick out the Revolutionary Communist Military Police.
    If i can't wear camo, I'm not going...

Quote Originally Posted by TravAce View Post
    Anybody else notice that the RCMP are controlled by Ontario, yet Ontario has its OWN police force? 2 questions
    Why do they not use the RCMP? And if they dont, why are we being subjected to the law enforcement of another province? Kenny needs to hurry up with the Alberta Police force and kick out the Revolutionary Communist Military Police.
    You do NOT want a provincial police force.

It doesn't solve any problems that "may" be present, on the contrary, it just compounds them. Ask anyone who lives in a province with a PPF. You'll be replacing one entity that doesn't work for you with another one that still won't work for you, yet the other one will still have rule of law over your territory. It just doesn't make sense.

It's counterproductive and wastes $$$. If you don't separate from Canada, you will still be under RCMP rule even if you get a PPF. Like you said, Ontario has RCMP and their own PPF and it's a cluster####, why would Alberta end up any different?

Separate first, then make your own PF to your liking later.
    Last edited by Dietz; 11-22-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Super GunNutz
    The only benefit of an local Police force,is that they're hired local.
    Sometimes that's a good thing,if you live in a smaller community, where everyone knows everyone..lol

Ok. So what is the deal with the MS? The FRT was changed, yet I still hear guys talking about thier MS builds and fixes to issues they are having. I see some up for grabs in the EE and the one I put money down on in January is ready! So are they on the ban list or has the court challenge caused a temporary reversal of the FRT change while it goes to the courts? Did I miss something?
    Pro Patria

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Ok. So what is the deal with the MS? The FRT was changed, yet I still hear guys talking about thier MS builds and fixes to issues they are having. I see some up for grabs in the EE and the one I put money down on in January is ready! So are they on the ban list or has the court challenge caused a temporary reversal of the FRT change while it goes to the courts? Did I miss something?
    They have been prohibited by the RCMP in the FRT (not named or prohibited in the OIC). The FRT is not law. ATRS is continuing to build them and people are still buying them.

Donate to the ATRS lawsuit and help Rick out paying legal bills
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/ejrdm-cla...=copy_link-tip
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Ok. So what is the deal with the MS? ?
    This is how ATRS polish their balls in the morning, So I keep using my MS to support the cause !