Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 LMG Shipment 3.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    If the drum is infact a drum, does it matter about the internals? Holds 5 rounds? Check. Is drum? Check. People complaining about internals... we know why they really are.

GUYS. THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS.

Regardless if the intent, if the horsey police look at this thread, they will interpret it as a bunch of guys willing to illegally modify mags. They can read between the lines. Shut your god damned mouths about the drums so we dont get reduced to needing a PAL for a frickin daisy rifle.
    FACT: Nobody cares about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    ^^^ fact ^^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    My Tabuk Sniper Rifle build doesnt need a drum anyways :P
    Just saying it how it is.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by firearms_enthusiast-1987 View Post
    People aren't mad that they can't make prohibited drums they are just frustrated that the inside of the drum is chunk steel. Usually when you pay 200+$ you get the proper internals for the unit but its pinned to 5 rounds or a little block is welded in. Not everyone feels like that though as after the 24th of September TI changed the description on their website to properly reflect what the drum is all about. This part 9f the thread is more for those who bought the drums between the 17th and 24th of Sept 2020 as these people bought the drum before the updated description and as a result TI is trying to make it right and offer the proper internals for those that bought under the assumption of complete internals. That being said they have indicated on several occasions that they will try to get more in however they may not be able to.......
    You are slightly wrong, The drums were available for years.
    Last edited by scianna54; 01-13-2021 at 01:29 AM.

FACT: This kind of attitude is what blemishes our reputation as legal firearms owners. Youre part of the problem.
    Son, I say son... You are exceeding the limitations of my anger medication.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Listen Francis, they said 4-6 WEEKS... Those are the TERMS OF SALE! To even ask before then is violating the terms. It’s people like you that make us all sick and tired of your ‘entitled’ attitude.
    It also says

"Orders are processed in first come, first paid basis. Absence of PAL info and Date of Birth in order comments and/or incomplete e-transfer payments will delay place in processing queue"

FACT: This kind of attitude is what blemishes our reputation as legal firearms owners. Youre part of the problem.
    What absolute rubbish. So you don’t have a pinned 20 round mag with the complete internals inside, BS you’re a hypocrite!!!

If the drum is infact a drum, does it matter about the internals? Holds 5 rounds? Check. Is drum? Check. People complaining about internals... we know why they really are.

GUYS. THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS.

Regardless if the intent, if the horsey police look at this thread, they will interpret it as a bunch of guys willing to illegally modify mags. They can read between the lines. Shut your god damned mouths about the drums so we dont get reduced to needing a PAL for a frickin daisy rifle.
    Some people like guns to hunt, some just like them cause they think they are novel or cool, some people want guns cause their scared of the guberment or other threats to their person and some like them because they just truly love firearms. I am the latter and based on your comments I feel like your probably one of the former. I am very much interested in authenticticity. I have a browning 1919 and there are a lot of repro parts but they aren't authentic. I'd rather pay 650$ for a WW2 T&E device to put on it than 250$ for a repro, why? Its true to its real form. Saying the drum internals are nefarious is nonsense. Thats like saying they shouldn't allow the sale of restricted length barrels because people can turn their non restricted firearms into restricted ones. If anyone here is dumb enough to make a prohibited device and put their freedom and collection on the line thats on them but by far and large thats not what people do. I can tell you I've never seen a missing rivet from a mag at the range when I go and at the same time nobody has a little short mag, everyone has full length mags that are pinned to 5, why? Because they like the authenticity. Thats all this is, people wanting authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    You are slightly wrong, The drums were available for years.
    Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. I just got my folder in August of last year so I never really looked for it before just the banana mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Infantry View Post
    I’d like to see a side by side comparison of the 1st batch compared to the 2nd batch. I bought a park one form the 1st batch. A lot of people complained about the typical Chinese quality, but i thought they were very well made. Better than a lot of other guns. NEA anyone? Some salts left over form the parking job, but meh.

We ended up selling it as my son wasn’t as enamoured with it as he thought he was going to be. Main issue, is a big bulky rifle (Its an LMG!) so more onerous to run around with and shoot from the shoulder standing easily. Otherwise, this is a great firearm, just not for us.
    Its all the same production run, ti told me when I bought a phosphate on the first day of shipment. When it arrived it was super rough, loose pistol grip, pitting all over it tooling marks ,missing finish everywhere.

When I wanted to exchange I asked if the second shipment was a different production run as I would have had to wait till this 2nd shipment for another phosphate and was advised all gun were made during one production run at the factory, only shipped in two batches. I opted for a blued version instead as they had some on hand never looked back. Had a issue with pitting on the upper hand guard but they replaced that no issues.

There us a whole type81 defect thread under red rifles and it seems the "limited edition" parked guns have most of the issue. Poly doesn't park usually so I dont understand why they tried ? Being a purest im glad It happened as the pla was only issued blued lmgs.

T.i handled everything awesomely and on their dime for me.. cant complian.

Now if they would only ship my drum internals lol since I bought on sep 16th lmfaoo