Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dlask Arms Corp. Shotgun Barrels...

I phoned Dlask year ago and was led to believe that the 870 shorty would be available soon thereafter. At that time I set aside enough money to buy one with all the bells and whistles (ghost ring sights, 12 inch lop houge butt stock, etc). I then patiently and very regularly monitored the Dlask site and Canadian gunnutz so that I would have a good chance at securing one of these unique shotguns. Over this time period I witnessed Dlask deride options they sell for their own product - when asked about the absence of a bead site I recall their answer was to the effect of “~… why would you want to install a sight on a shotgun with a short bbl what are you trying to hit anyway, lol”. Since then, Nothing, silence for almost a year, other than being greeted by the all-to-familiar “Out of Stock” banner that permeates the Dlask website. Then on Feb 1st of this year Leigh posted that these shotguns (and others) would be “... all coming next week”. More than a month later, still nothing, other than they have removed the shorty from their website. Well I finally gave up and put that money towards a very nice 22lr aunschutz. Would have preferred to buy and support Canadian, and I even considered a TUF 22, but the business acumen displayed by Dlask was enough for me to choose to spend elsewhere.

Don't take it personally.
    They are extremely busy and don't cut corners. I'm sure they are coming, but they put stuff out as they have time for, not based on someone else's expectation. They are a small shop that has been trying to hire more staff to no avail (easier for many to sit on CERB I suppose). Things happen and it's been a crazy year.

I can speak from experience that the TUFF 22 is a very nice product, along with everything else I have ever bought from them. Still, you also made a great choice on the Aunschutz.

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    I can appreciate what you're saying about the extremely short barrels but I was thinking more in terms of the 14". I just won't buy a barrel without a sight. As for custom, likely, but they are out there. The bead on my 14" Ithaca is much taller than the bead on my old Wingmaster with 18" barrel. I imagine that you'll have complaints either way. Can't please everyone.
    I can appreciate your Ithaca has a tall bead sight and that would be a part they custom make. Unfortunately until Canada has the shooting population of the US to make the $ numbers feasible then we are not in a position to make them. There is a pretty big difference between us ordering 500 sights and Ithaca ordering 50,000. The price per unit drops dramatically for them.

I am a bit new school (Trijicon reflex on my 18.5") and a bit old school (no sights on my 8.5" Shorty) so I get where you're coming from. But honestly this community has incredibly varied requests for things like these shotguns that we just cannot keep up and make something that EVERYONE is going to want. This is actually why we make different batches of things every time. Sometimes they have these sights, sometimes no sights then maybe a customer has a good idea so we make those the next time if we can.... you see ?

Some of the ideas are just baaaad, like a request to put a choke in one of our 6.5" Serbu clones (shakes head sadly) lol
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Batboy View Post
    I phoned Dlask year ago and was led to believe that the 870 shorty would be available soon thereafter. At that time I set aside enough money to buy one with all the bells and whistles (ghost ring sights, 12 inch lop houge butt stock, etc). I then patiently and very regularly monitored the Dlask site and Canadian gunnutz so that I would have a good chance at securing one of these unique shotguns. Over this time period I witnessed Dlask deride options they sell for their own product - when asked about the absence of a bead site I recall their answer was to the effect of “~… why would you want to install a sight on a shotgun with a short bbl what are you trying to hit anyway, lol”. Since then, Nothing, silence for almost a year, other than being greeted by the all-to-familiar “Out of Stock” banner that permeates the Dlask website. Then on Feb 1st of this year Leigh posted that these shotguns (and others) would be “... all coming next week”. More than a month later, still nothing, other than they have removed the shorty from their website. Well I finally gave up and put that money towards a very nice 22lr aunschutz. Would have preferred to buy and support Canadian, and I even considered a TUF 22, but the business acumen displayed by Dlask was enough for me to choose to spend elsewhere.
    Sorry we didn't meet your expectations Sir. Unfortunately for you and others that have been waiting we had a very slow winter production run with one employee gone for 3.5 months and our apprentice quitting.

I have been blasting balls out for the entire time trying to navigate the new rules and regulations on how the Lib-Tards are going to F our community and the implications that will have on our product line. Then there are the 6 million calls every day about the GSG barrels that I asked people not to make. And on and on and on.

These are not excuses for us not having product in stock I'm simply saying that, well, S**T happens and things get delayed. Simple. If you don't want to wait for something special then your prerogative is to go elsewhere, it's a free market economy. But don't come onto my forum and try to smack talk us. We work hard, are taking all of the risk financially should the Libs shut us down tomorrow. We continually try to get you product that no one else can or will and I think we do a pretty good job of it considering the obstacles we face daily.

As for putting a bead on a short shotgun barrel, you may want one. Cool, that's what suits YOU. But I have had many requests for barrels with no sight at all for guys that have scabbards or other means to carry the gun and hate the tall front sight. You saying they are all wrong and should want what you want ?

Mike drop, I'm going back to work.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Sorry we didn't meet your expectations Sir. Unfortunately for you and others that have been waiting we had a very slow winter production run with one employee gone for 3.5 months and our apprentice quitting.

I have been blasting balls out for the entire time trying to navigate the new rules and regulations on how the Lib-Tards are going to F our community and the implications that will have on our product line. Then there are the 6 million calls every day about the GSG barrels that I asked people not to make. And on and on and on.

These are not excuses for us not having product in stock I'm simply saying that, well, S**T happens and things get delayed. Simple. If you don't want to wait for something special then your prerogative is to go elsewhere, it's a free market economy. But don't come onto my forum and try to smack talk us. We work hard, are taking all of the risk financially should the Libs shut us down tomorrow. We continually try to get you product that no one else can or will and I think we do a pretty good job of it considering the obstacles we face daily.

As for putting a bead on a short shotgun barrel, you may want one. Cool, that's what suits YOU. But I have had many requests for barrels with no sight at all for guys that have scabbards or other means to carry the gun and hate the tall front sight. You saying they are all wrong and should want what you want ?

Mike drop, I'm going back to work.
    Ack all - do you have a rough order of magnitude of when these are going to be available? 1 Feb was a while ago.

Thanks,

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    Ack all - do you have a rough order of magnitude of when these are going to be available? 1 Feb was a while ago.

Thanks,

Bradley
    You should check their website, the website says they have the barrel in stock.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    You should check their website, the website says they have the barrel in stock.
    I'm looking for the complete shotguns. 6.5" and 8" shorties. I've been refreshing since they first mentioned that they would be available "next week."

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Leigh, I’m not smacking your product(s), which I’m confident are very well built Canadian quality firearms and parts - which frankly is why I allocated quite a bit of my time to try and acquire one. Also, I was not aware of, and am sorry to hear about your challenges with labour, and I understand the challenge businesses have in general in these Covid times, which can only be compounded by the current Liberal governments fickle firearms policies. I do wish you and Dlask the most success, and I’m optimistic you’ll view my earlier input as an opportunity to reflect on the small part of business concerning managing customers expectations.

Regards, Geoff

CGN Regular
    You may be the most well spoken person on cgn.

Not to derail the conversation about 870 Barrels, but since Dlask also do some custom work and thread is about shotgun barrels, I was just thinking, do you have a 21" Remington 11-87 kicking around the shop? I was about to send a Private Message but you PM is not an option.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast