Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable G4C Sports Canada

Angry Unbelievable G4C Sports Canada

Well I never thought I would be a person who made one of these threads but I guess today is the day.

I recently purchased a firearm from the dealer in the thread title. In the pictures on their website it showed the firearm with a 5 shell holder on one side a 2 shell holder on the other side.

When I received the firearm it had the 5 shell holder but no 2 shell holder.

I messaged and informed them that I was missing the two shell holder but the dealer informed me that the firearm only comes with 5 and directed me to the Mossberg website where it is described as coming with 5 shell holders.

The only issue is that it did not say it comes with 5 shell holders on the dealers website and in the pictures it is shown with 7. I like any logical person looked at the pictures and figured it came with 7 total.

They have since amended their website to include the fact that it only comes with 5 not 7 shell holders and their response to me was to blame Mossberg for taking the pictures like that. I have screenshots of the original webpage and pictures.

I asked them to make it right and had no response so I asked for a prepaid return label to get a full refund. They then passive aggressively told me that if there was any damage/scratches to the firearm it would be deducted from my refund. I feel like they are no longer operating on a good faith basis and that they would say it was damaged to recoup their costs. This is just my gut feeling.

At this point I am going to accept the loss and keep it as I do not trust them to be honorable in this dispute. I am going to avoid doing business with them in the future.

Some people may think this is petty but I bought something and they delivered something different than what they advertised.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    This is very common. Some vendors make a point of just saying picture may differ from actual product, even if it doesn’t.

Hopefully they make it right. It would be a small cost to eat to keep a customer happy.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

That is weird. I likely bought the same gun as you a few days ago from G4C. If it's the same gun, I don't recall seeing a second 2-shell holder ANYWHERE in photos online and on their website. In the videos on Youtube of the gun that I saw before purchase, and on other review sites, I only saw one 5-round shell holder so I wasn't expecting a 2-shell holder. Maybe I missed it, but I was expecting a 5-shell holder and that's what it came with. I am telling you, if I expected a 2-shell holder in addition and it didn't come it, I would have noticed and pointed it out. But I got exactly what I expected to get from what I saw on the listing, the reviews online, the Youtube videos AND the other sites that sold it when I was comparison shopping beforehand. Everything was all wrapped up, new in box, with everything it was supposed to come with.

I will say that I have made multiple purchases at G4C and the service has been impeccable, the communication excellent, and the quality and pricing top notch. I have gotten great advice from the staff there, and they are absolutely customer focused. The pricing has been BETTER than anywhere else I have seen (I like to comparison shop). I am very picky about vendor integrity and in dealing with G4C, they have shown more than sufficient character that I have made this store my go-to store for my firearms and ammo needs. I have no hesitancy recommending anyone shop there, and if you look at their Google and online reviews, a positive experience is the overwhelming consensus. No, I do not work there, have no relationship with the staff there, but I am always going to give props for a store when it is due. G4C is a good, trustworthy store.
    Last edited by thegazelle; 04-16-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Some people may think this is petty but I bought something and they delivered something different than what they advertised.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1895GS's Avatar
    That store is essentially down the street from Tenda. Tenda is way better store.

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    That is weird. I likely bought the same gun as you a few days ago from G4C. If it's the same gun, I don't recall seeing a second 2-shell holder anywhere in photos online and on their website. In the videos on Youtube of the gun that I saw before purchase, and on other review sites, I only saw one 5-round shell holder so I wasn't expecting a 2-shell holder. Maybe I missed it, but I was expecting a 5-shell holder and that's what it came with.

I will say that I have made multiple purchases at G4C and the service has been impeccable, the communication excellent, and the quality and pricing top notch. I have gotten great advice from the staff there, and they are absolutely customer focused.
    As I said they amended their website to say it only comes with 5 and it looks as though they have changed the pics as well to only show the 5 shell holder. I do have the screenshots of the original webpage/original description and to be clear they were not disputing that they were only deferring responsibility onto mossberg.

CGN Regular
    sucks, #### happens and used the wrong product picture. Move along or ask to be compensated. some of you guys whine harder than karens.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    This is why I ALWAYS call the store with my questions before ordering now because like several others stated "item may vary from picture"
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    This is why I ALWAYS call the store with my questions before ordering now because like several others stated "item may vary from picture"
    It doesn't say that anywhere on their site

I have found them to be reputable and good to work with.
    I like that they have free shipping for firearms.

Item one. got two mags for a S&W M&P9
    Item two. TNW ASR 9
    Item three. CZ557 Synthetic Black edition 308

I ordered the CZ on a Sunday. Next day i noticed that the price was $40 lower. They could not lower price of rifle but did give me a $40 Credit.

Item 4. A Harris 1A2 bipod which i used the credit on.

My thought about op. If there was no disclaimer - as in, item may not be exact as shown, then they should ensure the item shipped is as described on order page.
    The Strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
    against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast