Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Capri Insurance and OIC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar

Capri Insurance and OIC

The insurance specifically excludes:

"(c) a Prohibited Firearm or a Restricted Firearm if the Insured did not at the Date of Occurrence have a valid licence for the said firearm;"

OIC prohibited thousands of firearms, but no licence related to that prohibition was ever issued.

Does this mean that policy holders of the recently prohibited firearms have zero coverage?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Good question. With insurance, my experience suggests to assume the worst.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    It sounds like they are trying to backwards excuse themselves from illegal prohibited firearms claims. The OIC does have extensions about continued possession until the firearms can be disposed. And we know how popular that idea is.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    The insurance specifically excludes:

"(c) a Prohibited Firearm or a Restricted Firearm if the Insured did not at the Date of Occurrence have a valid licence for the said firearm;"

OIC prohibited thousands of firearms, but no licence related to that prohibition was ever issued.

Does this mean that policy holders of the recently prohibited firearms have zero coverage?
    This exclusion is meant to exclude people who are illegally in possession of a firearm, for example a criminal who doesn't have a firearms license. All the firearms listed in the OIC were given a 2 year grace period so you're no breaking the law if you're still in possession of it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    This exclusion is meant to exclude people who are illegally in possession of a firearm, for example a criminal who doesn't have a firearms license. All the firearms listed in the OIC were given a 2 year grace period so you're no breaking the law if you're still in possession of it.
    What about firearms that were prohibited post OIC via FRT changes?
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    What about firearms that were prohibited post OIC via FRT changes?
    .... As well, I would ask what about after the 2-year amnesty is up? If someone decides not to hand it in for 30 pieces of silver and figures it will look better in their safe forever, in the case of an NR that particular firearm will then be officially prohibited and the holder will not possess a license to own it. Seems like a game with words if you ask me? Maybe it's just me but the way it reads says that this situation would be excluded from coverage.... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    so past the grace period, you have no coverage?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silver69 View Post
    .... As well, I would ask what about after the 2-year amnesty is up? If someone decides not to hand it in for 30 pieces of silver and figures it will look better in their safe forever, in the case of an NR that particular firearm will then be officially prohibited and the holder will not possess a license to own it. Seems like a game with words if you ask me? Maybe it's just me but the way it reads says that this situation would be excluded from coverage.... no?
    I would think in the scenario you describe - one in which people can choose to keep these recently prohibited firearms - a licence to possess them will be granted. They certainly have that power.

Those firearms are ALREADY officially prohibited. The only thing keeping AR owners on the right side of the law is the amnesty. Once it expires they will either have to extend the amnesty (that's my guess of what will happen if they're still in power next April, because they won't have their #### together to actually deal with those guns by then) or start giving licences to owners.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    so past the grace period, you have no coverage?
    If the govt decides #### it, you have to give them in, no compensation, no option to keep them, then not handing over your gun would be a crime at which point I suspect the policy is no good.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I'm a prohib collector. Not sure what else to say?
    CSSA, NRA Swag Owner

They should have to pay for all that the government steal, theft

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast