Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand Tipo 2 .308Win Surplus Good Condition Italian

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I thought Garands were over-priced when they hit $400.....LOL....how wrong I was....
    I thought I was being silly paying 1800 for my James River one. Looks like a steal of a deal now.

Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    Seeing as how canadian importers want $3k for a CMP graded rifle that goes for $1k in the states, GLHF with that
    I mean there are a few other importers you could just buy and have it shipped your $1k usd rifle plus fees and taxes
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopsandwhich View Post
    I mean there are a few other importers you could just buy and have it shipped your $1k usd rifle plus fees and taxes
    Go to an American gun shop and see what the actual market price is for a good Garand. And furthermore some CMP rifles are in sad shape.
    I don't screw around

Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    Go to an American gun shop and see what the actual market price is for a good Garand. And furthermore some CMP rifles are in sad shape.
    gun broker seems to tell a story. take a look.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

If you want a “cheap” Garand find a small US gun shop that’s part of the CMP and ask if you can buy their next garands when they arrive from the CMP. Ask what they will retail for. Offer more. Likely they will get several in their order. If you have the cash buy more than one. Import them via an importer there are several on cgn.

SC pricing

I don't think we're that far off, this one is very good condition.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ital...n-bredam1.html

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've always wanted an M1 Garand, such a cool semi-auto milsurp with some great historical cred.

They would make a great purchase at $1,000, starting to push it at $2,000 and have completely lost my interest at $2,500.

O well. Shoulda, coulda, woulda bought one of these 10+ years ago.

CGN Regular
    The Gun Dealer has x4 at $2800.00 each. Youch Must be a better / cheaper way. Perhaps IRG has some answers.MEH!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy View Post
    The Gun Dealer has x4 at $2800.00 each. Youch Must be a better / cheaper way. Perhaps IRG has some answers.MEH!
    I just saw that G4C has these in stock at $2499.99

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolie500 View Post
    SC pricing

I don't think we're that far off, this one is very good condition.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ital...n-bredam1.html
    That rifle is a M1D, sans scope. Not a proper comparison to a standard M1 with rust.
    Better to compare to rifles brought in by Tradex. there is still one of those (at least) on EE at better price than these. 308 Garands are fun, Cheaper to feed. They were military issue in Italy, Denmark, at least, maybe more countries, so they are "real" Garands. Get out and enjoy them before we are reduced to being permitted to own only pointed sticks!
    big bear

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast