Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

Hey,

Saw a post on Facebook about a new NR option coming soon: the R18MK2 from Sterling. The one picture I saw looks great, is there another thread I missed on it, or even an ETA / price / preorder option, etc?
    Romans 13:4

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniacke View Post
    Hey,

Saw a post on Facebook about a new NR option coming soon: the R18MK2 from Sterling. The one picture I saw looks great, is there another thread I missed on it, or even an ETA / price / preorder option, etc?
    We are not releasing any details until we have the production models built and a sample from that batch tested (again). We are not over promising on this.

What we showed the CCFR visitors was the final pre-production prototype...

Expect more info in 2-3 weeks.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We are not releasing any details until we have the production models built and a sample from that batch tested (again). We are not over promising on this.

What we showed the CCFR visitors was the final pre-production prototype...

Expect more info in 2-3 weeks.

JR
    Awesome, thanks for the quick response JR. looking forward to more info on this, looks promising
    Romans 13:4

CGN Regular
    Anyone got a picture of it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Anyone got a picture of it?
    There's a picture of it in the "Black and Green Rifles" section of the forum.

CGN Regular
    Let me guess. MSRP possibly 4k+?

CGN Regular
    Please tell me it changes on the right ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot762x51 View Post
    Please tell me it changes on the right ?
    If you mean charges on the right, I'd say no. The picture of the rifle on the Black Rifle thread is of the right side, and shows no charging handle or track, only an ejection port with a built in shell deflector. I would assume left hand charging. There was no visible hinged port cover for the ejection port, but it was the prototype, so that may still come. We do not know if the charging handle track is open or covered in some way as of yet, either.
    Last edited by Ustauk; 08-21-2021 at 03:11 AM.

what caliber will be available for it???????

I'm not going to steal JR's thunder and tell everything that I happen to know, as it is very much his happy surprise to spring upon the Canadian Firearms Community when the right time arrives. I will say that JR has been kind enough to offer me a production rifle for review, just as they go on sale retail. I have promised to post my initial findings on CGN within a week of receiving the rifle, so that people have a better idea of exactly what they are getting into. I will include photos and initial accuracy results from 100-400m, including 5-rd groups from 100m with both 55 and 62 grain ammo.

I am in no way beholden to JR Cox, we are simply old Army buddies from our collective time jumping and humping in 3PPCLI who have kept in touch over the years based on our shared interests. JR knows that I know a thing or two about guns and so he wants my thoughts on his new rifle, of which JR is rightfully quite proud. I am who I am, so you and he will get the unvarnished truth as I see it.

What I see so far, is a rifle that will give most folks what they have been missing since the OIC dropped on 1 May 2020. It is effectively a hybrid of the AR-180B Rifle-Length Operating System mated to a non-AR-compatible Lower Receiver which places familiar AR-15 controls in the ergonomicaly-correct positions. It accepts AR-15 Trigger Groups and Pistol Grips with Beavertails. The machining is reminscent of the AR-15, rather than the blocky low-cost efforts which are all that has been available to date. Now there is a new option! There are many more details that cannot be gleaned from the photo and that I won't reveal ahead of time. Suffice it to say the this NR rifle ought to scratch the "AR Itch" for under $3K....
    Mark C

Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast