Page 84 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6474767778798081828384858687888990919294104 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: All-New TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION

Wow, this thread is still going hey?
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Wow, this thread is still going hey?
    In the past I contributed to it, but T81 threads tend to burn out of control for a while before it gets locked

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    i agree with you but im not going personal, no idea about these people cos it dont matter cos:

1. this is no AK, if it were? we wouldnt be able to own it. this is 34 years newer.
    2. if we dont voice our concern and continue to accept poor QC and sh!tty workmanship, thats what we will continue to get and that is not how our system works.
    3. just compare your new rifle to the first shipment, what a difference??? much improved so much for the cant change that "its a combloc, crude, normal and accept it... thank you sir" BS.
    1. Yep, it's not AK. I don't have an itch for AK, I had my share of time with them as dealer and as user. So I bought it as 7.62x39 gun, not as substitute for AK. However I can relate to the AK itch many of us have because of stupid laws. The reference to AK was because some ppl after seeing poor US reworks make conclusion that barrel misaligned in norm in such rifles manufacturing. It is not.
    2. Exactly my point. We should voice our concerns and TI get my respect in the fact they brought T81 and get my criticism in how they handled all the "bent rifles" issue.
    3. I'll give credit when the credit is due. I handled number of folders from old imports until I settled with "the most straight one". It still had deviation, I hadn't measured it. BTW there's an easy way to check if your rifle is straight on folder. Remove bolt and carrier, fold the stock and look through the hole in the rear of the receiver. Align the chamber hole with the hole you're watching through and you will see if bore is going down and right or goes straight. So I handled only 2 folders from SE batch. One was perfectly straight, no need to take measurement. Second one I saw misaligned just a tiny bit, so I could not see it by looking from the top, only way to see was to look through the hole in the receiver rear. I did not bother to measure, though. I'm keeping one SE folder that is perfectly straight. And even second one is significant progress compared with first batches of folders. Had my folder tested yesterday, rifle was not sighted at all (and not cleaned after factory test fire), but managed to sight it without excessive movement of the front sight post. So with my new SE folder I'm happy.
    Last edited by Horilka; 10-11-2021 at 11:07 PM.
    CSSA CPC
    ===
    “Military theory does not account for regular dudes with track pants and hunting rifles” - General Valeriy Zaluzhny

Quote Originally Posted by Horilka View Post
    1. Yep, it's not AK. I don't have an itch for AK, I had my share of time with them as dealer and as user. So I bought it as 7.62x39 gun, not as substitute for AK. However I can relate to the AK itch many of us have because of stupid laws. The reference to AK was because some ppl after seeing poor US reworks make conclusion that barrel misaligned in norm in such rifles manufacturing. It is not.
    2. Exactly my point. We should voice our concerns and TI get my respect in the fact they brought T81 and get my criticism in how they handled all the "bent rifles" issue.
    3. I'll give credit when the credit is due. I handled number of folders from old imports until I settled with "the most straight one". It still had deviation, I hadn't measured it. BTW there's an easy way to check if your rifle is straight on folder. Remove bolt and carrier, fold the stock and look through the hole in the rear of the receiver. Align the chamber hole with the hole you're watching through and you will see if bore is going down and right or goes straight. So I handled only 2 folders from SE batch. One was perfectly straight, no need to take measurement. Second one I saw misaligned just a tiny bit, so I could not see it by looking from the top, only way to see was to look through the hole in the receiver rear. I did not bother to measure, though. I'm keeping one SE folder that is perfectly straight. And even second one is significant progress compared with first batches of folders. Had my folder tested yesterday, rifle was not sighted at all (and not cleaned after factory test fire), but managed to sight it without excessive movement of the front side post. So with my new SE folder I'm happy.
    That is a very helpful check, thanks Horilka. Nonetheless it appears my SE folder is strait and you can add another good one to the anecdotal pile.

BANNED
    My last 2 fixed and folder should be here tomorrow

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Both Military Arms Channel and Kalashnikov Group have noted that after the Chinese moved on from the milled receiver AK rifles that were made with Soviet input / guidance, the QC of the firearms progressively dropped. This is very evident when comparing the workmanship between a Type 56 and a Type 81. Its clear both were made with different motives/doctrines.
    If you know a bit of modern Chinese history the Sino-Soviet split happened at the same time as China went through the cataclysm of the Great Leap Forward that threw all of chinese industry into absolute chaos, and then the Cultural Revolution from 1966 to 1976 threw the country into even worse chaos, really it would take a wall of text to describe the hellish conditions in China during those days (read Frank Dikotter's "A People's History" trilogy if you want to know) but yeah quality control for absolutely everything went completely down the ####ter, by 1981 the country was slowly recovering but it was still in extreme bad shape.

That being said, are any more imports planned?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horilka View Post
    BTW there's an easy way to check if your rifle is straight on folder. Remove bolt and carrier, fold the stock and look through the hole in the rear of the receiver. Align the chamber hole with the hole you're watching through and you will see if bore is going down and right or goes straight. So I handled only 2 folders from SE batch. One was perfectly straight, no need to take measurement. Second one I saw misaligned just a tiny bit, so I could not see it by looking from the top, only way to see was to look through the hole in the receiver rear. I did not bother to measure, though. I'm keeping one SE folder that is perfectly straight. And even second one is significant progress compared with first batches of folders. Had my folder tested yesterday, rifle was not sighted at all (and not cleaned after factory test fire), but managed to sight it without excessive movement of the front sight post. So with my new SE folder I'm happy.
    thanks, thats an alternative way but i will stick to the old fashion way, looking down cos its faster to determined if its severely bent. my only concern is not get stuck with a severely bent one.

Anyone know what the front sight post is for the 81 ? is it the same as an AK or SKS ? was looking to swap it for a fiber optic one so my old man eyes can see it better but now sure if its even replaceable

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 421SuperDuty View Post
    If you know a bit of modern Chinese history the Sino-Soviet split happened at the same time as China went through the cataclysm of the Great Leap Forward that threw all of chinese industry into absolute chaos, and then the Cultural Revolution from 1966 to 1976 threw the country into even worse chaos, really it would take a wall of text to describe the hellish conditions in China during those days (read Frank Dikotter's "A People's History" trilogy if you want to know) but yeah quality control for absolutely everything went completely down the ####ter, by 1981 the country was slowly recovering but it was still in extreme bad shape.

That being said, are any more imports planned?
    quality was the weak point all across communist countries not specific to china ...

took mine out today - was epic