Page 89 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6979818283848586878889909192939495969799109 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: All-New TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION

CGN Regular
    Such crude appeal these rifles have. Took mine to the range today. What a fun rifle to shoot. Love it.
    Sold my original a couple of years ago. So glad I got one again.

Ya not sure what the complaints are about. It's a tad over priced but my buddies fixed stock is straight as an arrow and was a lazer right out of the box. He also got the kobra which is the most badass optic I've seen. Not the best but definitely the coolest.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun123 View Post
    The production costs of a Type 81 are likely very low, maybe $200. No way the manufacture would make them any better for for the price.

The costs to import them into Canada may be low, too, but the market determines the selling price. We are the losers, financially, but we do get to shoot these cheaply made high priced, fun rifles.
    The Type 81 costs double the price of the AK to produce (economy of scale). Yet we still price the Type 81 the same price as how AK's are priced in other parts of the world. We would sell exponentially more Type 81's at a drastically lower price but it is simply not realistic given the margins.

A $100 SKS didn't cost $100 to make. They were sold off as surplus -big difference.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    The Type 81 costs double the price of the AK to produce (economy of scale). Yet we still price the Type 81 the same price as how AK's are priced in other parts of the world. We would sell exponentially more Type 81's at a drastically lower price but it is simply not realistic given the margins.

A $100 SKS didn't cost $100 to make. They were sold off as surplus -big difference.
    Does that statement makes sense when the Canadian orders are just a piggyback to military orders as you said twice before and not individual orders filled, i.e. high fixed cost??? The tooling for the semi version was already available according to my online research.

Given the quality of the last order, I'd say US $200 fob/each for a 2,400 number order makes total sense to me. But they sold for $1,200 CAD and seriously, spending a little more care in finish would have been nice. Do they have tools for the wood or maybe they do but not sharp?

I am not complaining at all (just a little, lol). A FX9 is US$700 retail in the US and here it sells out within a day for $CAD 1,350.
    Last edited by scianna54; 10-18-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Does that statement makes sense when the Canadian orders are just a piggyback to military orders as you said twice before and not individual orders filled, i.e. high fixed cost??? The tooling for the semi version was already available according to my online research.

Given the quality of the last order, I'd say US $200 fob/each for a 2,400 number order makes total sense to me. But they sold for $1,200 CAD and seriously, spending a little more care in finish would have been nice. Do they have tools for the wood or maybe they do but not sharp?

I am not complaining at all (just a little, lol). A FX9 is US$700 retail in the US and here it sells out within a day for $CAD 1,350.
    They make hundreds of thousands of AK's each year for global market. Type 81 less then 1% of AK production and only occasional. Think about supply chains, set up costs, transportation of parts between factories. They gave us the AK price one time, it is half the T81 price.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

I think they get them for little and mark them up to make money. You know, how businesses work.
    Last edited by Billnyethesigsauerguy; 10-18-2021 at 10:12 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Billnyethesigsauerguy View Post
    I think they get them for little and mark them up to make money. You know, how businesses work.
    Well duh lol. With how few semi-automatic rifles that are available here, they could probably charge $2000 and still sell them all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billnyethesigsauerguy View Post
    yup, economic 101, sell for what the market will bear.

same principle, goes for those who are selling now for $1600.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KriskaCalgary View Post
    Well duh lol. With how few semi-automatic rifles that are available here, they could probably charge $2000 and still sell them all.
    lol. they couldnt sell the lmg for $2000 , how are they going to get that for a cheaper made rifle?

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    They make hundreds of thousands of AK's each year for global market. Type 81 less then 1% of AK production and only occasional. Think about supply chains, set up costs, transportation of parts between factories. They gave us the AK price one time, it is half the T81 price.
    Don't tease!
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."