Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearms pre ordered before May 18th?

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    The Liberals are supposed to make a firearms announcement today
    More details on this?!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

It has been like this buying from big box dealers. The only difference when the Harper Govt implemented the common sense firearms act was the inclusion of ATT in our licenses for Restricted and the non-registration of NR firearms. Dealers still kept records of sales including buyer's PAL and Serial #s of firearms. Now, as far as I can decipher the new law, buying from non-dealers (private sales) will have to be reported to CFO as a registration (???) or reference # will now be enforced before you can release the NR firearm/s to the buyer. This is the "Resurrection" the defunct Long Guns Registry. The biggest concern now is, if something comes up and LEO barged into our residences, searched and found NR firearms, we cannot provide receipts/invoices, are we in violation of the soon to be revised (May 18) firearms act? Or we will be forced to call the CFO for every NR firearm we have to get a Reference # as a record of legal ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    that to funny,if you bought a gun from a dealer in the 40 years,that paperwork included your personal info AND what gun you bought ,INCLUDING serial number,so buying a dun from the dealer after the 18'TH is the EXACT SAME as the last forty years,how do you think they kept records for warranty,that info has always been available to law enforcement,so this latest Turdo bull#### is nothing new,it's the same #### dealers have been doing for decades,but it sure makes the anti-gun idiots feel good,so if you're buying from a dealer,nothing has changed.
    Last edited by ambishooter; 05-11-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    except that they say they are not collecting firearms data from private individuals,so much for their registry.
    and that reference number is good for a year,so sounds like he can buy one or 100,
    i doubt this stupidity will do anything,lots of guys will just keep going as usual.
    if you really want to check for a valid license,call in and say you're selling ammo,and want to make sure the license is good,
    For now.
    This is how they get their foot in the door.
    "Oh no worries it's nothing...we just want to make sure the buyer has a valid PAL"

This will later turn into:
    "We now need to know the model, serial number, reason for the sale and your mothers maiden name, while were at it"...
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

7 The Regulations are amended by adding the following after section 4:

(b) provide the Registrar with
    (i) the transferee’s licence number, and
    (ii) any other information requested by the Registrar.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevent View Post
    7 The Regulations are amended by adding the following after section 4:

(b) provide the Registrar with
    (i) the transferee’s licence number, and
    (ii) any other information requested by the Registrar.

I guess everyone is just glossing over bullet D that straight up turns this into the registry?

2) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
    (a) the reference number issued by the Registrar;
    (b) the day on which the reference number was issued;
    (c) the transferee's licence number; and
    (d) the firearm's make, model and type and, if any, its serial number.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    They will be recording all of the specifics.
    Just like a restricted

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Just report a different firearm being transferred and a bogus serial number.
    if they end up taking firearms data,while unlikely,theres going to be an awfull lot of old non numbered cooey 39's being sold,LOL

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I guess everyone is just glossing over bullet D that straight up turns this into the registry?

2) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
    (a) the reference number issued by the Registrar;
    (b) the day on which the reference number was issued;
    (c) the transferee's licence number; and
    (d) the firearm's make, model and type and, if any, its serial number.
    that's for business.they've already been doing it for decades anyways,

I'm pretty sure that 99% of people on CGN don't have a long arm to register

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    For now.
    This is how they get their foot in the door.
    "Oh no worries it's nothing...we just want to make sure the buyer has a valid PAL"

This will later turn into:
    "We now need to know the model, serial number, reason for the sale and your mothers maiden name, while were at it"...
    unfortunately for them,the original long gun registry never got about 15% compliancy rate,today,that number will be below 5% IF they're lucky,
    all this bull is all about pleasing their anti-gun nazis,who actually think this is new,like business never took down that information before,nowhwere does it say private to private is taking firearm info,like was said before,for now,hopefully more province will tell the feds to go F themselves,and not bother legal gun owners,

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast