Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news BC guns are clearing

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cdqxyy View Post
    yup, what a cluster f$ck by the government...............................
    Seems the bc cfo is competing with Ontario for the most inept CFO, but BC wins for having a fraction of the population and over a month wait..

How do we petition for a new cfo? Obviously the one currently hired doesn’t want to do their job.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Quote Originally Posted by 'Boo View Post
    What do you expect? Business as normal? A full years of applications in a few weeks means a lot of their staff are working overtime and weekends to clear files. It is only expected they are running slower than normal.
    How do you know they're working weekends and overtime?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Seems the bc cfo is competing with Ontario for the most inept CFO, but BC wins for having a fraction of the population and over a month wait..

How do we petition for a new cfo? Obviously the one currently hired doesn’t want to do their job.
    I was on the phone with BC CFO yesterday. She could have completed 4 of my transfers right then but instead questioned why I was buying "so many". 30 hours later still no approvals. I got the impression she was more interested in making me wait rather than being efficient and getting her job done

I'm a first-time handgun buyer (have owned rifles for many years though) and I'm not entirely sure what the process is like. I purchased from Prophet River and my account status says the transfer has been initiated. Now I see some people asking for reference numbers and calling the CFO themselves. Am I supposed to be doing that as well? Or am I just supposed to wait until the transfer clears and Prophet River sends me an email to notify me my pistol is being shipped?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clk1 View Post
    How do you know they're working weekends and overtime?
    Watch the many posts here abut people getting transfer notices on weekends and late in the evening.
    Slava Ukraini

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyedShooter View Post
    I'm a first-time handgun buyer (have owned rifles for many years though) and I'm not entirely sure what the process is like. I purchased from Prophet River and my account status says the transfer has been initiated. Now I see some people asking for reference numbers and calling the CFO themselves. Am I supposed to be doing that as well? Or am I just supposed to wait until the transfer clears and Prophet River sends me an email to notify me my pistol is being shipped?

Thanks
    Typically when you buy a restricted from a store they initiate the transfer and you just sit back and wait. No need to call the CFO like you would on a private sale where both seller and buyer need to call.

That said. There have been posts saying Alberta CFO wasn't going to send notification to the store anymore, only to the purchaser. I waited 3 weeks before I started phoning the CFO, finally got my transfer ref numbers and called CFO yesterday. Depending how many days since your purchase you may want to get your reference number and call but be prepared for multiple attempts as most guys aren't getting through right away

Quote Originally Posted by 'Boo View Post
    Watch the many posts here abut people getting transfer notices on weekends and late in the evening.

Yeah I've seen a few posts saying people have received notification after business hours. I don't think that proves anything. Certainly not that they're all working like crazy to get our transfers done. My experience with them yesterday solidifies my belief

I purchased from Prophet River on June 3rd. Still haven't heard a word yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post

Well one of my handguns from June 3rd cleared, but the one from Prophet River seems to have made its way to the bottom of the pile...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by clk1 View Post
    I was on the phone with BC CFO yesterday. She could have completed 4 of my transfers right then but instead questioned why I was buying "so many". 30 hours later still no approvals. I got the impression she was more interested in making me wait rather than being efficient and getting her job done

That’s exactly it! I was told that I was under extra scrutiny and would need to wait longer because I bought two of the same male and model… apparently that makes me a thug criminal. She had my transfers up infront of her, and that was 5 days ago.. still not a peep.. I’m sure she’s on here reading me complain about her inefficiency and is trying to punish me.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research