Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Global News

RCMP Commissioner accused of interfering in Nova Scotia mass-shooting investigation to help Liberal government’s gun-control agenda

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...mass-shooting/

Anyone who can, should send a letter to their MP calling for a full investigation into the matter.

This liberal agenda should also be taken into consideration for C-21; considering they have to import foreign tragedies (Texas mass shooting) to justify a ban that will have no effect on public safety.

Your link has obviously been removed by the masses!.........
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Well I guess Trudeau has now decided that the story is either misinformation or disinformation.

It’s scary how much power the LPC government has to silence voices/views of dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    New link

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...mass-shooting/
    Inter arma enim silent leges

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    So I read the June 21 debate and thank you to those who have posted it.
    I confess to general ignorance of the processes on view as I have rarely been exposed or taken the time to expose myself to debate transcripts.

Nevertheless, I have the following to say,

Frankly, I am disgusted at the way MP's in my government behave and I have to assume that the behaviour on display here is not unique to the discussion of Bill C-21.
    I have to also assume that the extreme imbalance presented in the application of reason on this bill is due to the LIb MP's predicated assumption that no debate is necessary.

I was unable to detect anything but politicized rhetoric in any of the Lib MP's comments and was surprised at the level of thought and reason expressed by CPC MP's on this topic. Not just blind opposition but actually well argued and considered discussion, and including actual examples of meeting with and discussing issues with constituents..
    I was even more surprised to read comments from Bloc MP's on this bill that were reasoned and well argued.

One would expect that members supporting a bill would be able to point to data and well researched recommendations in support and that it would be the opposition who would be inclined to emotional manipulation and rhetoric instead of the exact opposite.

Before you say that is what we should expect from this Liberal Government and that a Conservative government would be better, I will say that I think that is BullS$#t!
    On this particular topic, I(we) are being harmed and so I(we) are aghast but we all know (or ought to know) that this is not a Liberal v Conservative problem. On any other given topic, the roles may be precisely reversed.

Sadly, this (and I now suspect this is true of every debate) is an illustration of the disfunction of our government!

I feel oppressed by hopelessness.
    I read the same and feel the same... The problem is that there has to be sides... If we could all just work together for the better of the country. It just reminds me why I hate politicians. And it is just getting worse... Optics over reasoning. I am officially depressed, but don't red flag me, I am not a danger to myself or to society!

Alright Folks,

Today is the last opportunity for SECU to approve the regulation (allows the house to vote) before the summer break. It is looking very unlikely that the regulation will go into force before the break.

Last night on a live stream, Tracey Wilson and MP Alex Ruff mentioned that Conservatives filibustered the private SECU meeting on the 16th to prevent a vote and will continue to do so. Based on this, it does appear that attempts were made last Thursday to bring forward the motion. Minutes from that meeting are still unpublished.

With the latest scandal, today's SECU meeting (should it occur) will be preoccupied.

Yah for filibusting!
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

June 22 Debate on C-21 for anyone interested…you have to scroll almost half way down.
    https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentVi...ing-94/hansard

Does anyone know how an OIC is issued?
    Do they just present it in the house and say ‘this is it’?
    I’m very nervous about today….

Quote Originally Posted by Deerz View Post
    Does anyone know how an OIC is issued?
    Do they just present it in the house and say ‘this is it’?
    I’m very nervous about today….
    This particular oic is not like the one from May 2020. It has already been presented to the House of Commons and Senate. Unlike the previous one, it requires the SECU committee to study the regulation before the house can enact it. The committe can vote to not study the regulation which is what could happen today. But I don't think it leaves enough time for the house and senate to rubberstamp things regardless.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by relayer1989 View Post
    Alright Folks,

Today is the last opportunity for SECU to approve the regulation (allows the house to vote) before the summer break. It is looking very unlikely that the regulation will go into force before the break.

Last night on a live stream, Tracey Wilson and MP Alex Ruff mentioned that Conservatives filibustered the private SECU meeting on the 16th to prevent a vote and will continue to do so. Based on this, it does appear that attempts were made last Thursday to bring forward the motion. Minutes from that meeting are still unpublished.

With the latest scandal, today's SECU meeting (should it occur) will be preoccupied.
    Hope this is true and we can at least have the summer to continue to transact. Would be better if this wasn't even an issue but here we are...