Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

6 hours waiting time with multiple line cuts for me today... all of my restricted to my son.
    CCFR, NFA and CPC member.

... load one, skip one, load four...

I too am interested in the mail in transfer form 5492.has anyone e actually completed transfer with success

So last week I painstakingly filled out the form to send it in to transfer my handguns to my daughter, decided to try and the phone first , started around noon (Ontario) finally got on hold to get a message at 5pm their closed for the day , frustrated decided to download a second phone number app , got a Vancouver # tried calling again , after 30 min on hold got through, almost got finished (10 out of 14) my phone went dead, called back and got the “can’t take your call” tried the 1-6-1 line , first person just transferred me , it went nowhere, tried again and got a nice guy that completed my transfer, luckily my daughter was sitting across the table so her part got done,

So I guess it can be done

Spanner

Just did the " 5492" form... ( last week) ,yes it works!!!!

Got another one in today. This one starts with 5945, 20,000 higher than the one I put in on the 9th

My timeline fellas, received registration certificate June 20th for my purchase on June 1st, transfer notification received June 8th.
    Last edited by rich204; 06-21-2022 at 12:22 PM.

Does anyone know where the Ontario CFO is at with transfers? I’m assuming they haven’t even started processing anything that went in post ban announcement but I’m wondering if they’re close

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk View Post
    Does anyone know where the Ontario CFO is at with transfers? I’m assuming they haven’t even started processing anything that went in post ban announcement but I’m wondering if they’re close
    I’ve been waiting for approval since May 19 on several transfers. It’s getting a little ridiculous. I have 18 transfers in total waiting for approval, sone are dealer purchases and some are private but that doesn’t seem to make a difference.
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    I wonder how many of them had to cancel vacation plans because of this...
    You don't understand the public service sector. The answer is none.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by toogun View Post
    I’ve been waiting for approval since May 19 on several transfers. It’s getting a little ridiculous. I have 18 transfers in total waiting for approval, sone are dealer purchases and some are private but that doesn’t seem to make a difference.
    I agree, that wait time is ridiculous. IMHO 30 days is PLENTY of time for them to get a transfer done, and arguably TOO long a time.

I have 5 handguns in the pipe from 4 businesses & I am starting to think complaints to the ONTerrible Ombudsman is the way to go starting at 30 days out from the start of the process...

The fact that they have created this situation, isn't our problem...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.