Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Handguns at SFRC, June 5th, Noon Update

Quote Originally Posted by m_falafel View Post
    Will you restock handguns until fall or is it over? I’m not over my bucket list…

Especially 357/38spl revolvers.
    We add them as they come in…orders come in each week. Today another skid of handguns arrived…we’ll get them on the website tomorrow. I don’t think there were any 357’s.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'll comment...

I bought 6 handguns after the 'freeze' announcement, NONE of them with SFRC and the ONLY store that has sent me a Ref# was Tenda via email. I have not chased the other vendors for Ref#'s as I do not want to waste their time. None of my transfers have been completed & they range from June 3rd to June 22nd.

I've been an SFRC customer in the past & will continue to be in the future. I felt it necessary to comment on your statement as it's simply not true.
    Thanks for the clarification. I am very frustrated with the CFO. Why can they not just look at all the transfers for a person at once? It could even be system generated for all I know. The order in which they look at transfers also seems to be random. As mentioned, I ordered from 2 other vendors as well and received the reference number within a few days. I did not order from Tenda since they admitted to be backed up for weeks.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I am very frustrated with the CFO. Why can they not just look at all the transfers for a person at once? It could even be system generated for all I know. The order in which they look at transfers also seems to be random. As mentioned, I ordered from 2 other vendors as well and received the reference number within a few days. I did not order from Tenda since they admitted to be backed up for weeks.
    I hear ya & I agree, the delay is unreasonable IMHO. WRT the Ref#, it doesn't matter if you have it or not, the transfer is 'in progress' or 'processing', which is what the 4 other dealers say in their system when I check.

I've stopped thinking along the lines of 'this doesn't make sense'... IT ALL MAKES SENSE when you realize the end goal is civilian disarmament. There is no reason that a handgun transfer couldn't be instant. EVERY PAL holder gets a CPIC check daily!

But there you have it... So, I'm personally contemplating complaining to ONTerrible's Ombudsman once 30 days has past. If other provinces can get a transfer done quicker, then ONTerrible should staff up the CFO to match them.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I complained to the Ontario Ombudsman early in the pandemic for a restricted transfer that was taking several weeks. VERY shortly thereafter it was approved. Coincidence or squeaky wheel, tomAYto, tomAHto. It got done and they did get a poke.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawpilots View Post
    I complained to the Ontario Ombudsman early in the pandemic for a restricted transfer that was taking several weeks. VERY shortly thereafter it was approved. Coincidence or squeaky wheel, tomAYto, tomAHto. It got done and they did get a poke.
    I've complained to the Ombudsman once before several years ago. Same result. BUT, my issue with this is I think they just grease the squeaky wheel, completing your transfer(s) for you WITHOUT actually staffing up the CFO to fix the bigger problem...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We add them as they come in…orders come in each week. Today another skid of handguns arrived…we’ll get them on the website tomorrow. I don’t think there were any 357’s.
    Not sure my credit card can take any more. hahahaha Great job SFRC. 2 of my 4 transfers from you are complete, 1 is in the mail, and looking forward to the upcoming ship notice. And you managed to get a small ammo order out to me in the middle of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I've complained to the Ombudsman once before several years ago. Same result. BUT, my issue with this is I think they just grease the squeaky wheel, completing your transfer(s) for you WITHOUT actually staffing up the CFO to fix the bigger problem...
    I decided that all the chatter here about the pathetic service being provided by the CFO in Ontario warrants a fresh complaint, so I just filed one. It only took a few minutes and it might be worth a mass of us here doing the same to make some noise.

https://www.ombudsman.on.ca/have-a-c...ke-a-complaint

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Thank you very much for taking some of your time to answer my question

Good night!

Just ordered a Scorpio EM332A and some mags through you guys.
    Unbelievable service! Ordered 26 June, received at my front door just now 29 June.
    Even with the new reference number check, really first rate performance.
    Apparently the reference number can be reused for other non-restricteds for 3 months.
    Thanks, everyone at SFRC.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567