Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Transfer

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by clk1 View Post
    I think someone is trolling ��
    Not trolling at all.

Expressing my opinion in a public forum. I am free to do that no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I agree, that wait time is ridiculous. IMHO 30 days is PLENTY of time for them to get a transfer done, and arguably TOO long a time.

I have 5 handguns in the pipe from 4 businesses & I am starting to think complaints to the ONTerrible Ombudsman is the way to go starting at 30 days out from the start of the process...

The fact that they have created this situation, isn't our problem...
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Just spoke with the CFO here in Ontario. (I’ve waited over 30 days and haven’t called in once so dont give me flack for calling in) The lady I spoke with was absolutely a delight to talk to. She was actually super nice and helpful. Although not able to “push anything through” for me. As she said they’re working from the bottom of the pile up. Which is fair.

Anyways she told me to feel free to tell others in Ontario to expect a minimum of 90 days for a transfer.

I actually mentioned the Ombudsman route and she said “do it” it’s only going to help us in the long run. She even mentioned how much the CFO is being left in the dark about all these changes and seemed frustrated with the “announcement” as well.

This is all so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by True Jebus View Post
    If you transfer more than one restricted firearm annually, you are running a business in my opinion. You should be remitting sales tax too!
    You are out of touch with the real world..taxes ?
    I sold 3 car last year..am I a dealer ? ..all people selling multiple items on the net cash ?

To have such an opinion you must have some benefits from that..be employment or others.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacoblombardo View Post
    Just spoke with the CFO here in Ontario. (I’ve waited over 30 days and haven’t called in once so dont give me flack for calling in) The lady I spoke with was absolutely a delight to talk to. She was actually super nice and helpful. Although not able to “push anything through” for me. As she said they’re working from the bottom of the pile up. Which is fair.

Anyways she told me to feel free to tell others in Ontario to expect a minimum of 90 days for a transfer.

I actually mentioned the Ombudsman route and she said “do it” it’s only going to help us in the long run. She even mentioned how much the CFO is being left in the dark about all these changes and seemed frustrated with the “announcement” as well.

This is all so wrong.
    I am sure they were surprised and frustrated by the announcement as well. It is their livelihood after all. The CFO office works on a budget. There are obviously more people living in Ontario than any other province, about 37% of Canada's population lives in Ontario. I'm sure they don't have more staff than Alberta CFO hence the quick turnaround times in AB for example.
    The ombudsman should identify the lack of staff as an issue and make recommendations to increase staff...one would think anyway.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post

You are out of touch with the real world..taxes ?
    I sold 3 car last year..am I a dealer ? ..all people selling multiple items on the net cash ?

To have such an opinion you must have some benefits from that..be employment or others.
    Private transfers should be taking a back seat to purchases from retailers.

If I buy from a retailer new then tax is generated.

If I buy someone's sloppy seconds on EE, the transfer is done for free.

People flipping guns should be paying something, at the very least a nominal fee for the transfer.

But a purchase new from a retailer should be done first, in my humble opinion.

private to private 08Jun2022 to 11Jul2022, just under 5 weeks. Ontario.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ichigo27 View Post
    private to private 08Jun2022 to 11Jul2022, just under 5 weeks. Ontario.
    I have two from two different businesses on June 3rd, crickets from the CFO in ON... They're obviously not doing these in order.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Same here. I have one from the 6th of June. Crickets from the ON CFO as well.

BC Resident. Ordered from store on the east coast June 18th, transfer approved June 30, just got back from the post office with new pew pew. Now for the green window letter!