Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Shipping Update, 1 Oct

Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    Were you guys sending transfer initiation numbers to customers? Never got on for a June 17th purchase I made.

Just wanted to check it against the chart Wolf is updating to see approximate approval time from the CFO.
    We weren’t in early June as we were transferring as fast as we could as no one knew if we had hours or weeks left to get transfers done. About mid June we started emailing them again. You can always email they store to get it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We weren’t in early June as we were transferring as fast as we could as no one knew if we had hours or weeks left to get transfers done. About mid June we started emailing them again. You can always email they store to get it.
    I did in August, but all I got back was "it's with the CFO."

I'll try again.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

We're down to 11 Jericho's and 3 TT-33's

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Any new transfer #s to report as of today Ryan??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Sounds like they approved a few transfers from Sept 29the on Oct 1st.....

Must have grabbed them off the wrong end of the pile...

Any thoughts on that?
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

Thank you for the update! Hopefully I get my new 57 soon.

Thank you for putting up with all this grief!!

Cheers, Barney
    Peace Be The Journey!
    F orgiveness
    U nconditional Love
    C ompassion
    K indness

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I wonder what's actually involved in "approving" a transfer to someone that's already been pre-approved with a RPAL?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Fortunately for you, you are in a province with less people. Ontario accounted for 1/3 of all the handguns sales and it swamped their office. If sucks it’s taking so long but it’s not the people doing transfers delaying things.
    That’s the problem! The Ontario CFO tries to get by with a small amount of staff like they’re servicing a small province. It was the same way summer 2020 when I lived in Ontario where I waited over 3 months for transfers. Can you imagine waiting 4 months to take home a new vehicle? RPAL owners go through the process of getting of a RPAL so they can buy restricted firearms. There’s no reason why the government can’t allow store owners to give the firearm to the buyer after paying and proof of RPAL. Waiting for “the transfer to go through” is just a pointless step created by the government to deter firearm ownership.

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Quote Originally Posted by XshootmestraightX View Post
    That’s the problem! The Ontario CFO tries to get by with a small amount of staff like they’re servicing a small province. It was the same way summer 2020 when I lived in Ontario where I waited over 3 months for transfers. Can you imagine waiting 4 months to take home a new vehicle? RPAL owners go through the process of getting of a RPAL so they can buy restricted firearms. There’s no reason why the government can’t allow store owners to give the firearm to the buyer after paying and proof of RPAL. Waiting for “the transfer to go through” is just a pointless step created by the government to deter firearm ownership.
    You think they are going to try a new method of approvals? Not in Ontariold!
    /
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast