Page 589 of 690 FirstFirst ... 569579581582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597599609 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
    Ontario Applicant

First time applying:

Completed CFSC & CRFSC on Feb 20, 2022
    Mailed in Application with stamped results March 19, 2022
    Received March 23, 2022
    CC charged June 20, 2022
    Called RCMP today, was told its in ON CFO hands for final review.

Any recommendations for ranges in GTA and surrounding areas? Was hoping to get a membership at Target Sports in Gormley once I get the card.

After an incredibly long wait, as of Nov 1, the license application has been approved. Just to wait on the card in the mail now.

BC Applicant
    application received August 11,2022
    Application Approved and license issued on November 01,2022
    Just two weeks before my birthday

My application was received September 15. PAL/RPAL, Alberta.
    Judging from other posts I have best case scenario a month before approval, but upwards of 6 months compared to the worst cases. Nothing shows up online yet or cc charge, so who knows.

Ontario, new PAL/RPAL application received in NS on Aug 31.
    Showed up in IWS as 'under review' Nov 1.
    Approved and license issued Nov 2, just waiting for the mail now. Surprised they never called my wife or references.
    If it takes 2 weeks in the mail it was 11 weeks total, or in other words 4 weeks too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    My application was received September 15. PAL/RPAL, Alberta.
    Judging from other posts I have best case scenario a month before approval, but upwards of 6 months compared to the worst cases. Nothing shows up online yet or cc charge, so who knows.
    My status changed to under review and cc was charged yesterday, Nov. 3.
    Took me by surprise. I see a lot of wildly different things can happen at this stage so my fingers are crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    My status changed to under review and cc was charged yesterday, Nov. 3.
    Took me by surprise. I see a lot of wildly different things can happen at this stage so my fingers are crossed.
    So the only way you found out your application was actually received (as evidenced by the IWS status change) was yesterday when your credit card was charged? So previous to that, when you said your application was received September 12, that was based on your own tracking number, not IWS indicating it was received? And that status only changed yesterday?
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF905 View Post
    Finally got thru to the Ontario CFO today asked them why some applications are approved in less then two weeks while others are taking months and they have no answer. I don't mind waiting my turn but the applications should be processed in the order received. Was told approval could take up to 9 months and to check back with them in 4-5 months if I haven't heard anything. The system in broken and the government seems fine with it that way.
    Update got InTouch with Ontario CFO office by email today to check status. Received a response within 15 minutes that I've been approved. So keep trying it seems to make alot of difference in who you get ahold of.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF905 View Post
    Update got InTouch with Ontario CFO office by email today to check status. Received a response within 15 minutes that I've been approved. So keep trying it seems to make alot of difference in who you get ahold of.
    What was your status before contacting Ontario CFO by email, and when did RCMP receive the application?

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    So the only way you found out your application was actually received (as evidenced by the IWS status change) was yesterday when your credit card was charged? So previous to that, when you said your application was received September 12, that was based on your own tracking number, not IWS indicating it was received? And that status only changed yesterday?
    The application was sent Xpress post and was marked received by them Sept 15, and nothing showed online until Nov 3 on iws, I noticed the cc charge first, went to iws and saw initial review complete, application received Sept 15. So they do mark the day they actually get it.

Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post
    What was your status before contacting Ontario CFO by email, and when did RCMP receive the application?
    It was intial review complete since August 26 it was received by RCMP June 2 according to Canada Post. Now just looking for a range accepting new members in Hamilton Niagara area.