Page 60 of 174 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565758596061626364656667687080 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Not worth it.
    Last edited by Overlander2018; 11-23-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

“On Nov. 22, through last-minute amendments to Bill C-21, the federal government moved to ban hundreds of new models of legally owned rifles and shotguns.

“The amendments target more than two million licensed Canadian firearms owners, including hunters, farmers and target shooters who collectively own hundreds of thousands of firearms that could soon be prohibited.

“The decision to take this action abandons long-held claims put forward by Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino – namely, that the federal government was only seeking to ban so-called ‘assault-style’ firearms and that they would somehow equitably compensate firearms owners.

“If the amendments are successful, Bill C-21 will lead to the most sweeping and arbitrary ban in Canadian history. The ban will not only be unenforceable but will criminalize hundreds of thousands of Canadians.

“Only two months ago, Alberta took unprecedented action to protect law-abiding firearms owners by announcing our intention to intervene in six firearms lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of the 2020 federal firearms prohibitions.

“Alberta then went further, announcing that we would take steps to seek to prevent the federal government from conscripting RCMP officers to confiscate legally acquired firearms. Alberta was quickly joined by Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick and the Yukon.

“With the amendments tabled on Nov. 22, it has become increasingly clear that these actions are not enough. The federal government is clearly seeking to ban legal firearm ownership altogether. In the coming weeks, Alberta will explore all available options to take action.”
    AB official statement. I really hope we can keep DS in power for the next 4 yrs..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 12-08-2022 at 01:44 PM.

not worth it.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Quote Originally Posted by trucker60 View Post
    Blaming fudds is a cop out- they've probably done just as much, if not more, to support gun rights as any other firearm owners. Fudds I know are members at ranges. Provide youth outreach to get kids involved in the safe operation of firearms, mentor hunters, provide space for boy scouts and girl guides. They are also members of gun organizations and active in politics. They have signed petitions at the range and penned letters to government officials. Sounds a lot healthier than those that go up the logging road, blast off a thousand rounds and leave their garbage behind for others (Fudds) to clean up.
    In my eyes everyone that owns a firearm and wants to keep it is on the same side. There's enough people on the other side so I don't see the point of making enemies out of fudds. If you're happy that a Fudd lost a gun why do you think he should care about yours? Going through the comments blaming a fudd is just about on par with blaming a liberal.
    You do you and blame who you want, it just seems very shortsighted to me.
    I can absolutely call them out for being a great force of division in our unbelievably and absurdly divided and dysfunctional community. For many, many years Fudds at my range were the ONLY people going around making snotty comments when anyone did double-taps or "rapid fire" with a semi-auto carbine. They would, literally, look down their nose at & vocally disapprove of AR ownership. Many have been very public that AR owners don't "need" them. Sound familiar? For many Fudds, I firmly believe they were happy to sacrifice our guns in the hopes that no one will look at grabbing their guns.
    I've also encountered IPSC guys who openly disapproved of our carbines too. My range killed all of the 3-gun matches or carbine matches b/c Fudds and IPSC guys dominate the board. So yeah, they deserve criticism. But so do many others in our community. Tribalism has made our community a weak and ineffectual mess.
    And none of this matters anymore because it's done and done. But I really do hope that all Fudds & IPSC guys who were ready to throw their fellow gun owners under the bus in order to save their own guns get their comeuppance now. Misery loves company...
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 11-23-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    “On Nov. 22, through last-minute amendments to Bill C-21, the federal government moved to ban hundreds of new models of legally owned rifles and shotguns.

“The amendments target more than two million licensed Canadian firearms owners, including hunters, farmers and target shooters who collectively own hundreds of thousands of firearms that could soon be prohibited.

“The decision to take this action abandons long-held claims put forward by Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino – namely, that the federal government was only seeking to ban so-called ‘assault-style’ firearms and that they would somehow equitably compensate firearms owners.

“If the amendments are successful, Bill C-21 will lead to the most sweeping and arbitrary ban in Canadian history. The ban will not only be unenforceable but will criminalize hundreds of thousands of Canadians.

“Only two months ago, Alberta took unprecedented action to protect law-abiding firearms owners by announcing our intention to intervene in six firearms lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of the 2020 federal firearms prohibitions.

“Alberta then went further, announcing that we would take steps to seek to prevent the federal government from conscripting RCMP officers to confiscate legally acquired firearms. Alberta was quickly joined by Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick and the Yukon.

“With the amendments tabled on Nov. 22, it has become increasingly clear that these actions are not enough. The federal government is clearly seeking to ban legal firearm ownership altogether. In the coming weeks, Alberta will explore all available options to take action.”

AB official statement. I really hope we can keep DS in power for the next 4 yrs..
    If she wins the election, wife and I are seriously considering a move to AB. This is the type of statement we need from our politicians.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Counselling illegal action is contrary to the forum rules.

There's also a downside to breaking a law, especially a criminal law. Presumably the author of the original post is ready to be taken away in handcuffs and prosecuted to the full extent as an example for others to follow?

Trudeau will be looking for a "few good men" to throw th ebook at so he can "take them out and show us how big they are".
    Histerical nonsense.

Just ask any of the millions of canadians who smoked pot on the regular and never saw the inside of a jail cell.

Mark emery spent years smoking marijuana on the front lawn of parliament and couldnt find a cop to arrest. The president of the old unlicensed firearm owner association has similar stories.

Quit the fear mongering. People dont go to jail for paper crimes.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Lol. Even dippers are pissed. NDP Reddit:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    It confounds me that some posters correctly recognize the underlying factors that predictably resulted in our dilemma and yet are unable to align with the potential that there are other solutions apart from the one that involves personal risk of criminal sanction, loss of income, loss of freedom to travel, financial ruin and even death at the hands of trigger happy individuals?

This isn't Iran; smart people in this country could out maneuver the Liberals if we put our mind to it .........
    Your post assumes that nothing has been tried before now.

I fully support any and all non violent and lawful means for effecting desireable change. I especially support doing those things first.

As in any self defense scenario, there is a time for fact finding a time for negotiation, and if the attacker persists a time will come when you repel force with force.

As in this situation how far we must go to preserve our freedom, integrity, and the moral high ground depends not on us but on how long the trangressors persist un their unconstitutional and undemocratic attack against our community.

You can say this isnt Iran all you want to. People with their head in the sand often deny the reality of their situation and comfort themselves with nostalgic rememberances of a past time, past values, that may not ever have existed.

Any student of history can easily study the worst tyrranical regimes of the 20th century, and look at the road that got them there, and look at the world today and make fair comparisons.

It confounds me that any poster might have a good grasp of reality but then still have hope in democratic institutions that are literally failing all around us.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlander2018 View Post
    If she wins the election, wife and I are seriously considering a move to AB. This is the type of statement we need from our politicians.
    I moved from Vancouver last year and never looked back.