Page 634 of 691 FirstFirst ... 614624626627628629630631632633634635636637638639640641642644654 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I'm alsomest in the same boat, They received my application in February 2022, my PAL was issued in Dec 10 but still waiting for the card. What I did is sent an email to CFO - got a response from an Officer about 3 weeks later, once I called him I was apporoved the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by simek View Post
    I'm alsomest in the same boat, They received my application in February 2022, my PAL was issued in Dec 10 but still waiting for the card. What I did is sent an email to CFO - got a response from an Officer about 3 weeks later, once I called him I was apporoved the same day.
    That’s awesome…….Still waiting since last year card was charged march 2022, seems random some any minor flags in their criminal history are getting approved right vice versa ?

so no timeline to really get a idea of how fast or slow they work, but I called 2 months ago to check on my status since it’s been to long and if there are no issues on my file then according to the lady I spoke to she can approve over the phone and some of them she can’t approve depending on the individual I.e checked yes for one of the boxes or other reasons.

But what I do know is if I remember everything the BC CFO office lady said she can approve people if there is no problem/flags with their application and appy doesn’t need a secondary review. However in my case she told my app needs to be reviewed again or by another cfo since I answered yes and that she’s sorry that she can’t approve my application on the spot even if there’s no flags everything is good but it’s sent for a second review with a new CFO officer because of my past and she said I really recommend calling least as possible at this stage once every month or two to not cause any new red flags.

I just think it’s their way to see if I mess up or anything within the year or two of my application it’s kind of like on hold that’s my guess. No record just run ins with police. Damn I regret having green in the car back in the days but people like me were just being stopped and frisked no f’s given.

What they fail to realize is maybe I have no charges but if I was unstable or in that lifestyle of selling etc then these long checks make sense….they should think why would I need to apply for a license if I really wanted one for the wrong reasons I could’ve just gone to the illegal side of things knowing full well with a license they all rights u give up I.E able to enter my house all this other stuff they normally can’t do. Be through but 1 year or 1.5 year is ridiculous. I’ve seen people who don’t bother with the license thing because they won’t be approved but still pay double the price on black markets and everything just to have some cool pieces licensed people can’t get and they’re not in any type of lifestyle just 9-5 people with passion for toys and wen out in the woods camping like having fun.

Anyway sorry for the rant I’m just tormented if I possibly am going to be denied I rather not have to wait for a year or two instead after like six months getting a response from them and denying me.

If anyone has tips on what to say to the lady next time I call plz let me know good luck to everyone and congrats to those approved.

CGN Regular
    I mean, from what I gathered from people, firearms officers are relatively understanding of people's pasts, I personally don't think you'll get denied, pretty unlikely tbh, but it is ofcourse possible, you can appeal via S74.

If you don't want to wait any longer call your MP, it's quite an effective method.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 02-05-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Finally got approved, PAL and RPAL at the same time, Ontario

timeline so far:
    Took courses 5 March, 2022
    Received paperwork back from Ontario CFO office - April 25 2022
    Paperwork received at CFP, miramichi - April 29, 2022
    Paperwork began processing ~ August 8, 2022
    Approval - Jan 19, 2023
    Now waiting on card to come in the mail

During the course of waiting, i consistantly contacted CFP hotline, contacted my local MP (very conservative) and had their office bugging the CFP biweekly. Don't know that it really made much difference at all, seems to be largely cope.

CGN Regular
    I don't know how ppl contact the CFO on the regular, I was basically told to be patient and to kindly #### off.

Hi All,

Spoke to the CFO yesterday regarding printing delays. They said that they are nearly up to date and I should see my physical license soon. I hope this is not another government ploy to slow the number of licenses issued ahead of a major policy change (attempted policy change...), like they did with the handguns.

License approval was on December 8, 2022, still waiting for printing.

The struggle is real, folks.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DerScharfSchutze View Post
    Hi All,

Spoke to the CFO yesterday regarding printing delays. They said that they are nearly up to date and I should see my physical license soon. I hope this is not another government ploy to slow the number of licenses issued ahead of a major policy change (attempted policy change...), like they did with the handguns.

License approval was on December 8, 2022, still waiting for printing.

The struggle is real, folks.
    When did they deliberately slow down licensing so people couldn't get handguns, isn't that just an unproven conspiracy?

Or am I misinterpreting?

Quote Originally Posted by Sizotsm View Post
    When did they deliberately slow down licensing so people couldn't get handguns, isn't that just an unproven conspiracy?

Or am I misinterpreting?
    I didn’t see this problem myself, it does look like a conspiracy theory, just bad luck for some, or a slow cfo in some provinces.
    I did my pal/rpal course in the middle of June and had my card in hand by end of Sept.

Sent applications for both me and my wife, in Québec, on Dec 16th 2022. I registered on the RCMP's online service portal and found out yesterday that both our PAL had been approved and issued. It took less than 5 weeks. BUT, when will the cards be delivered, will have to wait and see.
    UPDATE
    Called Miramichi and confirmed PAL had been approved. They gave me my PAL number and told me card remains to be printed. But don't know when that would happen.
    Last edited by dannyss; 01-25-2023 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizotsm View Post

Or am I misinterpreting?
    Well technically all conspiracy theories are unproven, because once they are proven, they become fact.

I do not have actual information confirming or dening this, more of a general observation. In general people have been complaining about a slowdown in approvals pre-handgun ban, which just happened to open up after the handgun ban.

Even my instructor for the safety course, who is a veteran to the firearm scene and close to the CFO, told me not expect my license to be approved until after the handgun ban is passed.

Again, no "real" proof, but alot of things that make me raise a brow.