Thread: SHOT SHOW 2023 REPORT and Interesting New Products

Business Member Shooting Warehouse's Avatar

SHOT SHOW 2023 REPORT and Interesting New Products

I've just come back from Shot Show in Las Vegas - it was nice to have a full show floor again after last year's show having lots of empty booth space.

I met with all my suppliers again, which was really nice. I also saw some new innovative products coming to market very soon. Some of the highlights were as follows....

SWAROVSKI
    Although Swarovski didn't introduce any new products at SHOT, they did launch the new STC and ATC 17-40x56 spotting scopes a couple of months back, and we have these IN STOCK ready to ship.

Name:  K21_06_ATC_STC_Combined_06_RGB_png_8eb4263e-f8c8-43a8-8489-d60f644eaee0_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  23.0 KB

LEICA
    Leica didn't have a booth at SHOT this year, but I did meet with them on the show floor. They released the new GEOVID PRO 8x42, 10x42 and 8x56 rangefinder binoculars 3 weeks ago, and we should have a good supply arrive in early April. This will nicely compliment their existing Geovid Pro 8x32 and 10x32 and ALL these Geovid Pro units come with Applied Ballistics onboard. We have the Geovid Pro 8x32 and 10x32 units in stock ready to ship.

Name:  1772-1135-max_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  39.8 KB

REVIC OPTICS (GUNWERKS)
    I met with Revic Optics (Gunwerks) and they have 2 awesome new products launching in March. First is a new rangefinder binocular with their ballistics package onboard (same as what they use on their BR4 rangefinder). I looked through them, and they are going to be a big HIT!! Better glass than the Sig Kilo10K's with onboard sensors and ballistics, and capable of ranging to 5000 yards. I took some photos but cannot yet publish them unfortunately.

The second product is a VERY innovative new bipod. It has THREE leg extensions - a 7" carbon leg that extends to a 2nd carbon leg of another 6.5" and a 3rd metal leg that extends a further 6". It is VERY sturdy fully extended to over 20", lightweight and has the most innovative pic rail attachment in the industry. NO levers or tools needed. We should have these in stock in March if all goes according to plan.

TANGENT THETA
    I visited with Trevor and David at Armament Technology and looked at their new Tangent Theta 7-35x56 (TT735P) riflescope. This is SUCH a nice scope, but the price might be a tad high, although they could not yet confirm the actual price. I should have some details in the next couple of weeks.

The new TT735P has an all new design, and is 24mm shorter than the current 5-25x56 models. I sell Tangent Theta, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Name:  IMG_2346.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  65.2 KB

ARKEN OPTICS
    I had a good meeting with Arken Optics and we also hope to be selling their EP5 5-25x56 (with Japanese ELD glass and illumination) and SH4 6-24x50 and 4-16x50 as well as EPL4 4-16X44 and 6-24x50 FFP riflescopes pretty soon. These scopes are AMAZING for the price point. Arguably THE BEST turrets I have ever experienced in scopes under $1000, and as nice or even better than scopes costing upwards of $2000. Glass is great and they have a precision tracking guarantee, as well as a full lifetime warranty.

Name:  https---cdn.sanity.io-images-u57cw5zd-production-4b65879b1572de0d8c55da2380c77a95f118da0e-800x80.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  19.0 KB

INFIRAY THERMAL IMAGING
    I met with Infiray and had a look at their range of thermal imaging units. They have some REALLY nice handheld, clip-on and stand-alone scopes and I hope to become a dealer for them pretty soon.

Name:  product-oige-reso.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  22.2 KB

ELEMENT OPTICS
    I spent some time with the guys from Element Optics. They were started by the people from FX Airguns and a couple of South Africans and they have some VERY nice riflescopes on the market now, especially their newly launched PRS (tactical) scope. It's called the THEOS and is a 6-36x56 FFP scope, built in Japan and is a really nice addition to their line.

Although they are still new to the riflescope market, they have built a very good reputation building FX Airguns over the past decade or two. I am in talks with them to become a dealer soon too.

Name:  Theos-Product-1.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  19.7 KB

MDT
    Although I am not an MDT dealer, they launched their new MDT ZERO STAGE ELECTRONIC TRIGGER. The MDT Zero Stage Electronic Trigger will be available for the Remington 700 and clones and is adjustable from 4-64 ounces. Because the trigger is electronic, there is no take-up before the shot and no overtravel after the break. The electronics allow for firmware updates which lead to future development, such as pairing with electronic devices and applications. The MDT Zero Stage Electronic Trigger is drop-safe, and a full charge will last around 1,000 pulls before recharging.

Name:  trigger-smaller-.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  23.6 KB

Please contact me for ANY of your optics needs.

Thanks

Robbie
    Last edited by Shooting Warehouse; 01-24-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Robbie Stewart | Shooting Warehouse
    Email: robert@shootingwarehouse.com
    Tel: 403-430-1166

Any word on the specifics of the MDT firmware/electronic components?

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    Any word on the specifics of the MDT firmware/electronic components?
    Not much info as it's still a prototype. I was only told it uses a solenoid and has a USB-C charging port. And a charge should be good for around 1000 trigger pulls. They're expecting it to be available around between mid May and end of June.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Warehouse View Post
    Not much info as it's still a prototype. I was only told it uses a solenoid and has a USB-C charging port. And a charge should be good for around 1000 trigger pulls. They're expecting it to be available around between mid May and end of June.
    From listening to them talk about it on the Eric Cortina podcast last week, I am inclined to expect more like May 2024. But I could be wrong - I didn't talk to them myself.
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by adamg View Post
    From listening to them talk about it on the Eric Cortina podcast last week, I am inclined to expect more like May 2024. But I could be wrong - I didn't talk to them myself.
    Yeah who knows... They told us mid to late second quarter, and I guess it depended who you spoke with too.... One of their guys told me they had no idea of price, while the next day, another one of their guys on the floor said "around US$600-700"... which would be a bummer, as I can't see too many people jumping to get a CA$1000 trigger. But I guess we'll find out once they announce more info.

UPDATE - we are now dealers for the following brands:

INFIRAY OUTDOOR - we can supply their entire range of Thermal Imaging and Night Vision equipment
    KOWA - we can supply their entire range of Spotting Scopes and Binoculars
    ARKEN Optics - we're just waiting on them to be able to ship directly to us in Canada - hopefully by end of March.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    Did you check out the Holosun DRS?
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    Did you check out the Holosun DRS?
    Hi Desjard, unfortunately I did not....