Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product Alert: Ruger PC Carbine barrels

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the judge View Post
    Does anyone have one of these barrel options in hand yet? Haven’t seen any user feedback.
    Still waiting on delivery ��…… and the waiting is the hardest part…..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the judge View Post
    Does anyone have one of these barrel options in hand yet? Haven’t seen any user feedback.
    I was down in Calgary 2 weeks ago and stopped in at Alberta Tactical to drop off a hunting rifle I was getting some work done on.
    while there I had a look at these - full disclosure I preordered one the day they came out.

they look really REALLY nice!
    fit and finish were 10/10.
    but really, AT is known for top-shelf builds so this ain't anything new.

it was interesting to see all the different lengths they had at the storefront.
    they also have them with a couple of different foregrips on them.

i am really looking forward to getting mine and trying it out.
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

CGN Regular
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 03-09-2023 at 05:12 PM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post

it was interesting to see all the different lengths they had at the storefront.
    they also have them with a couple of different foregrips on them..
    I thought they are only making 2 lengths. A 10.5 inch and 7 inch?

"Exclusionary legislation"?

That terminology is scary. Right now, the legislation applies to the frame; "you must get authorization to transfer this!"

If we ever get to the point where you must get authorization to transfer everything except a select few items that are specifically excluded from the requirement...which, from the government's perspective, would be the ideal situation that gives them complete control over absolutely everything...then we are all hooped.

The fact that you even worded your question this way is evidence that we are indeed being beaten into submission on a subconscious level.
    Last edited by jjohnwm; 01-25-2023 at 04:16 PM.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    So we all know that with respect to firearms in Canada, the "Registration" follows the serial # right?
    In practice, the pistol frame. With restricted this means barrels and parts are free to be bought and sold without "registering" them.
    With NR though, when does the transfer notification of May 2022 apply?

I know it doesn't apply to things like shotgun barrels or these PC9 barrels but can anyone point me to the exclusionary legislation?

OR

Is it one of those cases where they are not explicitly INCLUDED and are thereby excluded?

Just looking for law references.

Thanks

That is the premise of our entire legal system. (not to ever be considered a system of Justice).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    "Exclusionary legislation"?

That terminology is scary. Right now, the legislation applies to the frame; "you must get authorization to transfer this!"

If we ever get to the point where you must get authorization to transfer everything except a select few items that are specifically excluded from the requirement...which, from the government's perspective, would be the ideal situation that gives them complete control over absolutely everything...then we are all hooped.

The fact that you even worded your question this way is evidence that we are indeed being beaten into submission on a subconscious level.
    Well, yes and no

Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 03-09-2023 at 05:13 PM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

Super GunNutz
    Shaun, are you guys supplying take down screws for these or will buyers need to source them?
    Also. do you have any ideas or plans for iron sights on these barrels? I realize they'd be pretty useless on the 7" but an option to put them on the 10.5" even using factory bits would be handy instead of needing an optic.
    Maybe factory sight up front and some kind of rail mount in rear.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    Shaun, are you guys supplying take down screws for these or will buyers need to source them?
    Also. do you have any ideas or plans for iron sights on these barrels? I realize they'd be pretty useless on the 7" but an option to put them on the 10.5" even using factory bits would be handy instead of needing an optic.
    Maybe factory sight up front and some kind of rail mount in rear.
    Nothing currently. We are investigating the possibility, but not an available option as of right now.

there's an american guy (cogburn?) doing 3d-printed clamp-on front sights that might be an option - tweak barrel diameter and height.