Page 635 of 690 FirstFirst ... 615625627628629630631632633634635636637638639640641642643645655 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nlmbc View Post
    That’s awesome…….Still waiting since last year card was charged march 2022, seems random some any minor flags in their criminal history are getting approved right vice versa ?

so no timeline to really get a idea of how fast or slow they work, but I called 2 months ago to check on my status since it’s been to long and if there are no issues on my file then according to the lady I spoke to she can approve over the phone and some of them she can’t approve depending on the individual I.e checked yes for one of the boxes or other reasons.

But what I do know is if I remember everything the BC CFO office lady said she can approve people if there is no problem/flags with their application and appy doesn’t need a secondary review. However in my case she told my app needs to be reviewed again or by another cfo since I answered yes and that she’s sorry that she can’t approve my application on the spot even if there’s no flags everything is good but it’s sent for a second review with a new CFO officer because of my past and she said I really recommend calling least as possible at this stage once every month or two to not cause any new red flags.

I just think it’s their way to see if I mess up or anything within the year or two of my application it’s kind of like on hold that’s my guess. No record just run ins with police. Damn I regret having green in the car back in the days but people like me were just being stopped and frisked no f’s given.

What they fail to realize is maybe I have no charges but if I was unstable or in that lifestyle of selling etc then these long checks make sense….they should think why would I need to apply for a license if I really wanted one for the wrong reasons I could’ve just gone to the illegal side of things knowing full well with a license they all rights u give up I.E able to enter my house all this other stuff they normally can’t do. Be through but 1 year or 1.5 year is ridiculous. I’ve seen people who don’t bother with the license thing because they won’t be approved but still pay double the price on black markets and everything just to have some cool pieces licensed people can’t get and they’re not in any type of lifestyle just 9-5 people with passion for toys and wen out in the woods camping like having fun.

Anyway sorry for the rant I’m just tormented if I possibly am going to be denied I rather not have to wait for a year or two instead after like six months getting a response from them and denying me.

If anyone has tips on what to say to the lady next time I call plz let me know good luck to everyone and congrats to those approved.
    I have a pretty substanial record from 30 ish years ago Incuding 2 trafficking charges (Hash) small amounts, took course last february and waited until december to be approved card in hand @ xmas time
    no references called, i sent an email to the cfo asking why people that applied after me were getting approved and approx 2 weeks after that I was approved.

Called the gun store/range about picking up my new rifle and they said all fine. They'll print me a temp certificate and I can take the rifle with me. Took me 6 weeks from the date the CFO got my application and the day I pick it up.
    When will I get the official card is anybody's guess!
    Everybody was telling 3-6 months!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyss View Post
    Called the gun store/range about picking up my new rifle and they said all fine. They'll print me a temp certificate and I can take the rifle with me. Took me 6 weeks from the date the CFO got my application and the day I pick it up.
    When will I get the official card is anybody's guess!
    Everybody was telling 3-6 months!
    wait so the gun store is printing you a temp license so you can take the gun home even though you haven't gotten your actual card?

Yes, that’s what the store owner told me. She asked for my PAL number and said she’d print out temporary paperwork and do the transfer of the rifle to me when I go on Sunday. Don’t know if They do this for everybody. I’ve built up a relationship with them in the last few months. They have been an information gold mine to me. Advising me on courses to take, equipment needed, rifle and caliber considerations …
    They had me meet a customer of the store/range that does precision/long distance so he could best advise me.

Well I've got my temp paperwork from the RCMP thanks to the store. She printed it off the RCMP's site.
    The application was received on Dec 16th 2022 and the PAL was granted on Jan 12th 2023. Took a total of 19 days to get my PAL!
    Figured out on the 23rd that it had been granted through the RCMP's web portal. Called the CFO on the 24th, got my new rifle on the 29th of Jan 2023.

Once store know your PAL number, expire date, they can transfer firearm to you at any time, they do it online. you will see one reference in the RCMP website.
    once done, they can ship firearm to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyss View Post
    Yes, that’s what the store owner told me. She asked for my PAL number and said she’d print out temporary paperwork and do the transfer of the rifle to me when I go on Sunday. Don’t know if They do this for everybody. I’ve built up a relationship with them in the last few months. They have been an information gold mine to me. Advising me on courses to take, equipment needed, rifle and caliber considerations …
    They had me meet a customer of the store/range that does precision/long distance so he could best advise me.

Update on my app
    Received July 25
    Payment taken sep 29
    Issued Jan 16
    I had one box ticked. Very minor.
    As of today the card has not even been printed yet.
    I have my number. I was told I can’t do anything without the card. I know some folks have bought online without the card. Is there anything particularly wrong with that?

I bought without the card, store confirmed on the RCMP's website that my PAL had been approved and issued. Still waiting on the physical card.

Quote Originally Posted by DS791 View Post
    Update on my app
    Received July 25
    Payment taken sep 29
    Issued Jan 16
    I had one box ticked. Very minor.
    As of today the card has not even been printed yet.
    I have my number. I was told I can’t do anything without the card. I know some folks have bought online without the card. Is there anything particularly wrong with that?

some store don't need physical card, such as Cabela, dominion outdoors

Update on PAL
    Sent may 10
    Received may 13
    Cc charged Aug 15
    Issued Dec15
    Called them today was told it was printed and should receive it by next week