Page 168 of 195 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176178188 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1941

Thread: Transfer Times

Quote Originally Posted by CanadArms 1867 View Post
    Waiting since June 9th for my first transfer. The SQ only JUST called one of my references last week. No news since then.

Also the language used was "do you give your consent for this RPAL holder to have a handgun?" Which just seems odd considering my reference has much less knowledge of the subject than me or the SQ... But they treat them like an authority? 👍🤡

Ontario & Alberta Businesses to Quebec Private - was my first restricted purchase on 9 June 2023, so that put me in a special Quebec category.. Plus a "few more" in the following months.. for what it's worth here are some of my transfer details.

First Ref # 59297XX (Ontario to QC - June 10th)
    Middle of the Pack Ref # 59858XX (Ontario to QC - August 6th)
    Last Ref # 60302XX (Ontario to QC - Sept 12th)

ALL transfer approvals received within 1 hour of each other, today, February 3rd.

Took 9 months counting from June... 6 months if counting from September

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadArms 1867 View Post
    Ontario & Alberta Businesses to Quebec Private - was my first restricted purchase on 9 June 2023, so that put me in a special Quebec category.. Plus a "few more" in the following months.. for what it's worth here are some of my transfer details.

First Ref # 59297XX (Ontario to QC - June 10th)
    Middle of the Pack Ref # 59858XX (Ontario to QC - August 6th)
    Last Ref # 60302XX (Ontario to QC - Sept 12th)

ALL transfer approvals received within 1 hour of each other, today, February 3rd.

Took 9 months counting from June... 6 months if counting from September
    Are you mixing up the RPAL license itself and the handgun transfers? i'm confused, there are no references for a transfer

CGN Regular
    Well after 2 weeks of the transfer being approved and 1 day in the mail my second last handgun maybe ever has arrived lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    Are you mixing up the RPAL license itself and the handgun transfers? i'm confused, there are no references for a transfer
    I think it’s a different process in Quebec.

New Canadian Gun Nut here.
    Reference #60518## received 10/13/22 I’m sure I’m still a couple months away.

This may be a rook question, is a pcc considered a handgun in Canada?
    For example, Freedom Ordnance FX9, with 8” barrel?

Also, my range membership expired last year. Been kinda busy with other things in life that I took some time off some of my hobbies.
    Will I get a call from the cfo in regards to my membership being expired?

thanks!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOP187 View Post

Also, my range membership expired last year. Been kinda busy with other things in life that I took some time off some of my hobbies.

thanks!
    It's a restricted rifle I believe

if you're in Ontario you don't need a range membership, otherwise, maybe
    Last edited by metamatt; 02-04-2023 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added quote to reply

I’m in Ontario, I do plan on renewing soon anyway as I’m missing those times at the range greatly.
    The FX9 is my second restricted firearm purchase.

I only wish I had more $ before c21 was introduced. Woulda shoulda bought some more.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOP187 View Post

thanks!
    PCC are not considered handguns, some models, like the 8" model you speak of, are restricted long guns just like the ARs were, but due to barrel and/or overall length rather than just name/model like ARs were whatever barrel length they had. But some are non-restricted (yet) if barrel and OAL are gtg. When ARs, as well as other makes, were still available, some models could be registered as pistols, which is why the LAR mags are a technically legal thing in Canada.

If you are in QC (which you didn't mention, but I guess you are since you ask about membership and to my knowledge it's only a law 9/Anastasia thing and not elsewhere in ROC), I strongly advice you take care of it yourself before you get a call/suspension. Pay your membership and a subscription to a new law 9 course/exam ASAP. The range have to submit their restricted members list to the SQ each year and to keep your restricted you need to have the law 9 and continuous membership as well as firing restricted at least once a year with proof in the range's books. If you fall short of any of those, even if it's only a few days late on membership, it's almost back to square one. You won't have to ask for a new RPAL if you fix it, but you will automatically have to do law 9 again and have a new transport autorisation issued as the previous will be void/suspended.

It's ridiculous, you don't have to mention...
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

I’m in Ontario, going to renew membership asap

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Great Northern View Post
    I think it’s a different process in Quebec.
    Sorry to confuse, on my Quebecistan approval paperwork its referred to as a "Transfer Reference No. 59297XX" etc etc etc