Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio SKS-15 7.62x39mm Non-Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Balls View Post
    Just picked up my black one today. Looks well thought out and beautifully built. Mags click in and out very smoothly. Feels solid and not at all toy like. Can't wait to put some rounds through it!
    Can't wait to hear a feedback before I go ahead with the purchase

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by C18cz858 View Post
    Yeah, I highly doubt that
    Doubt it all you want, there are MANY people out there with nothing but good experiences with XCR mags in other guns. I run mine in an AR and in my VZ58 with magwell adapter (obviously both in 7.62) and all of them but one run without issues. The one that does have issues I believe is due to the feed lips being bend from being dropped on concrete.

Just because YOU had a bad experience, doesn't mean everyone did.

CGN Regular
    That's the best version/take of the sks I have seen to date... very cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    Can't wait to hear a feedback before I go ahead with the purchase
    100 Round Report:
    All I did was bolt on my Truglo red dot sight and headed out to the bush with a target sheet. No bore sighting or sight adjustments were done.

I have the front of the scope mounted right even with the rear of the breach. I wanted to see if the spent casing would nail it. They didn't. The spent casing flew to the right and slightly upwards at around 10 degrees so no worries about scope strikes.

From around 40 paces every round found paper. They were grouping up between 1" left and right of centre but low about 8". I think the rail on this gun is true to the barrel.

The auto loader on this gun never once failed to cycle the next round perfectly. Not a single misfire.
    HOWEVER,
    Several times when manually chambering the first round of a mag, it didn't load properly. Probably human error because the autoloader worked flawlessly. I'll have to figure out the nuances of it.

Overall, I'm super happy with my purchase! It's A LOT heavier than what I'm used to (my arms are still a little sore), so I wouldn't consider this rifle for anyone that isn't strong enough to handle it properly.

Any chance we could see a video put together of this running? Mags dropping, rapid fire etc...
    CSSA member.
    CCFR member.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum. "

I would really like to see a mag drop. the release is a bit far ahead.... I think I person is going to need really long fingers? hopefully it's not to awkward.

If you're running a dump pouch then your hand is gonna need to be there to grab the empty mag anyways....dunno why everyone is freaking out about it.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We have 3 of these rifles left. We have the links posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Balls View Post
    100 Round Report:
    All I did was bolt on my Truglo red dot sight and headed out to the bush with a target sheet. No bore sighting or sight adjustments were done.

I have the front of the scope mounted right even with the rear of the breach. I wanted to see if the spent casing would nail it. They didn't. The spent casing flew to the right and slightly upwards at around 10 degrees so no worries about scope strikes.

From around 40 paces every round found paper. They were grouping up between 1" left and right of centre but low about 8". I think the rail on this gun is true to the barrel.

The auto loader on this gun never once failed to cycle the next round perfectly. Not a single misfire.
    HOWEVER,
    Several times when manually chambering the first round of a mag, it didn't load properly. Probably human error because the autoloader worked flawlessly. I'll have to figure out the nuances of it.

Overall, I'm super happy with my purchase! It's A LOT heavier than what I'm used to (my arms are still a little sore), so I wouldn't consider this rifle for anyone that isn't strong enough to handle it properly.
    Thanks for the review, Snow-Balls! How was the take-down and post shooting cleaning?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Jesus, and I thought the ARX-160 was chunky and ugly. Scorpio has it beat there hands down.