Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Liberals passing the buck..

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    why would you blame the hunters bud?
    that's a sad sack thing to say about "us" and a piss poor attitude to have among fellow gun nutz. In other words.... you are being part of the problem, not part of the solution.
    I'm a hunter first..... sport shooting and ranges aren't my thing at all ..... but I've never voted for a Liberal in my life and have no intention of doing so for any reason for the duration of my time on this rock. I own semi auto , hunt with both semi auto and bolt guns. Blaming us hunters for Liberal anti gun legislation is ludicrous at best.
    A large part of this country votes liberal and that right there is the problem, not hunters.
    No. The people who fail to read and presume hey, you're talking about me. Those people are part of the problem.

I clearly said "hunter who didn't care about the Swiss Arms and CZ858s".

You still fit the description?
    Then maybe I'm not the one with the piss poor attitude.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Hunter's have nothing to worry about.
    Oh did Justin's rainbow-farting unicorn whisper that in your ear?

Unless you're hunting with a fly-swatter, you have something to worry about.

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    No. The people who fail to read and presume hey, you're talking about me. Those people are part of the problem.

I clearly said "hunter who didn't care about the Swiss Arms and CZ858s".

You still fit the description?
    Then maybe I'm not the one with the piss poor attitude.
    Perhaps a better way to frame it is to note that not all hunters are Fudds, but you see more of the myopic one-track-minded "MINE is the ONLY legitimate use" attitude among them than any other of the shooting disciplines. Not all Hunters are Fudds, I'd hope most aren't, but most of the Fudd circle in the Venn Diagram overlaps the Hunter one.
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    The problem with gun culture, no matter where, is many hunters are Fuddtard Kapos like Jim Zumbo used to be who think "Muh Bambi-Blasters!" are the only things that matter and anything else is so alien to them it MUST be wrong and thrown under the bus in the name of "appearing reasonable" to the rabid opposition in the hope that they will be targeted last.
    And that's the point I was trying to make: if any hunter thinks they have some moral high ground in the gun control debate, take a look on social media and read the responses to pics of people posing with the game they harvested.
    Once this gains acceptance and then momentum, your hobby doesn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    Not all Hunters are Fudds, I'd hope most aren't, but most of the Fudd circle in the Venn Diagram overlaps the Hunter one.
    Agreed.
    I think the overlap occurs because in our ranks there are some who nod and agree, yup nobody needs that black rifle to hunt deer.

Once they subscribe to that as a reasonable requirement for ownership, they're essentially enabling the gun grabbers.

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    And that's the point I was trying to make: if any hunter thinks they have some moral high ground in the gun control debate, take a look on social media and read the responses to pics of people posing with the game they harvested.
    Once this gains acceptance and then momentum, your hobby doesn't stand a chance.
    Heck, look at the jihad they tried to throw about Steven Spielberg "killing a triceratops" a few years ago, never mind that dinosaurs are extinct (though the more I think about it, the more I think more tyrannosaurs in the world would mean less Leftists!) and that was a now-25-year-old publicity photo from the Sick Trike set while filming Jurassic Park! *stares pointedly at the clinically deranged Joyce Carol Oates*
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

It's to be expected with a gender confused, weed smoking, Kumbayah song leading PM. The issue now is to sway the electorate away from this assclown.
    Don't use firearms as your grounds to friends, relatives, and acquaintances; it will reflect bias. Use the other dumb #### he does.
    Remember there are 30+ million non licenced gun owners who see gun ownership differently than us. The SHOOTINGS South of the border affect opinions here. Trudeau needs to go but c-71 will get him more votes for than the total shooter vote against.
    Last edited by saskdude99; 06-12-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    In an elected dictatorship? Not really. Not unless you can make them believe that it will cost them their jobs - the only thing that truly motivates most politicians.
    At this point most of them have to realize their job is lost already, so it’s a house wrecking party from this point on. The thing that will stop them now is parliament building getting 1812’ed or parliament being dissolved for the general election.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Not so long ago, I had a letter published in the Telegram in NL against an editorial "Guns Blazing" which I believe was printed in other Atlantic newspapers as well. In no time, a local FUDD responded to the paper singing the praises of the sensible gun laws in Canada and telling me that I had no idea of what bill-c 71 was all about. Bill c-71 had nothing to do with banning semi auto firearms, according to this person and he also stated that no hunter needs any more than 2 or 3 rounds to hunt. I pointed out that in times gone by, there were 12.5 prohibs that, in the beginning, were allowed to be brought to ranges and shot. Then, in the early 2000s, they were determined to be too dangerous to bring to a range and never allowed out of a safe again. The exact same scenario being cooked up for the Swiss Arms and CZs. I also pointed out that sport shooters and others may well like to be able to use more than 2 or 3 rounds at a time. This same individual stated that the AR 15 was on the prohibited firearm list in kanada, and that it was quite dangerous because of it's high rate of semi auto fire and that if I didn't know this, I must be an idiot. He also claimed to be a veteran with intimate knowledge of the FN FAL. In a rebuttal letter I stated that the AR 15 was restricted only, and that it could only fire as fast as one could pull the trigger. Then this idiot replies that I had lied and left out the fact that an FN is a select fire assault rife. Some are, but mine was made semi auto with no select fire. These #######s are more of an enemy to gun owner's than the antis. As much as I hate to say it, I've got more respect for a full on anti, than for a ####iong fudd. These asshoeles think my gun is fine, but your's isn't because it scares me. Fudds are the scum of the earth.
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Someday we'll wake up and start fighting this the Canadian way instead of pining for a non existent NRA or the next CPC government to save us.

In 55 years of gun ownership I haven't seen so much going bad against us so fast. Even trying to get on CGN at Boston Pizza today in Selkirk MB my wifi connection was blocked from the site.

At the rate our privileges are degrading by 2025 or so we'll be down to single shot, maybe bolt action, if you can demonstrate a "need".
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf