Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Liberals passing the buck..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Visibly volunteering w NGOs would be a fantastic step.
    Sadly, I think you’d find a lot of closed doors in Toronto, some of those NGOs would probably rather let their clients suffer rather than risk a media leak that they are partnered with gun owners... but who knows what could happen.
    Wolverine is definitely on the right track w charity donations I think.
    When I started on this crusade I talked to CMHA reps in Alberta and head office in Ottawa and not one was repulsed by the idea of gun owners working to reduce the stigma of mental illness, prevent suicide or make the public more aware of mental health services.

In truth they made it very clear that they would not form a direct association with gun owners, or any other org for that matter. But they would invite us to provide them with funds to develop specific programs of benefit to us.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    And no, I'm not trying to hijack the thread because in addition to being a standout representative of our community in so many ways Wolverine had the courage to try to make a real connection between gun owners and two very worthwhile charities.

I laud them for that.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

BANNED
    Anyone with suggestions of how we can reach all the gun owners in Canada? Because it's clear to me, through the lack of interest/knowledge when it comes to Bill C 71 and what it means to gun owners in this country, that this forum is only the tip of the iceberg, and that iceberg could have sunk Bill C71 if only we'd all been in its path.
    Just wondering what public resource, besides the internet, we can use to get us all involved in defending our civil rights, instead of some of us watching them erode beneath us, while the rest of us stand by in oblivion.

The real problem isn’t the numbers. It’s the fact that the libs won’t listen anyway. 80000 signatures should show that there’s people out there when 70 signatures made goodale look at possibly banning the AR-15.

But there isn’t 80,000 signatures... until the media tells people that the government is trampling over 80,000 citizens.

And that’s the problem. That coverage is how we go from 80K clicking away in quiet anger heard only by our (long suffering) loved ones, to 2 million-sized iceberg.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by BR427 View Post
    Not so long ago, I had a letter published in the Telegram in NL against an editorial "Guns Blazing" which I believe was printed in other Atlantic newspapers as well. In no time, a local FUDD responded to the paper singing the praises of the sensible gun laws in Canada and telling me that I had no idea of what bill-c 71 was all about. Bill c-71 had nothing to do with banning semi auto firearms, according to this person and he also stated that no hunter needs any more than 2 or 3 rounds to hunt. I pointed out that in times gone by, there were 12.5 prohibs that, in the beginning, were allowed to be brought to ranges and shot. Then, in the early 2000s, they were determined to be too dangerous to bring to a range and never allowed out of a safe again. The exact same scenario being cooked up for the Swiss Arms and CZs. I also pointed out that sport shooters and others may well like to be able to use more than 2 or 3 rounds at a time. This same individual stated that the AR 15 was on the prohibited firearm list in kanada, and that it was quite dangerous because of it's high rate of semi auto fire and that if I didn't know this, I must be an idiot. He also claimed to be a veteran with intimate knowledge of the FN FAL. In a rebuttal letter I stated that the AR 15 was restricted only, and that it could only fire as fast as one could pull the trigger. Then this idiot replies that I had lied and left out the fact that an FN is a select fire assault rife. Some are, but mine was made semi auto with no select fire. These #######s are more of an enemy to gun owner's than the antis. As much as I hate to say it, I've got more respect for a full on anti, than for a ####iong fudd. These asshoeles think my gun is fine, but your's isn't because it scares me. Fudds are the scum of the earth.
    Sometimes I wonder if some of those "fudds" are not simply antis passing themselves off as hunters... Sort of like a fifth column fighting behind the lines and causing confusion on the opposing side, using a divide and conquer approach. That said, if the fellow was indeed a hunter, then we are really our worst enemy. Nothing surprises me anymore... Good on you to have answered back to restore some truth to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    The real problem isn’t the numbers. It’s the fact that the libs won’t listen anyway. 80000 signatures should show that there’s people out there when 70 signatures made goodale look at possibly banning the AR-15.
    This.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    When I started on this crusade I talked to CMHA reps in Alberta and head office in Ottawa and not one was repulsed by the idea of gun owners working to reduce the stigma of mental illness, prevent suicide or make the public more aware of mental health services.

In truth they made it very clear that they would not form a direct association with gun owners, or any other org for that matter. But they would invite us to provide them with funds to develop specific programs of benefit to us.
    So they will take our money but don't want to be seen with us in public. Classy.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I’m sure that almost every Canadian has no idea that C71 includes everyone’s mental health records being reported to government.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if some of those "fudds" are not simply antis passing themselves off as hunters... Sort of like a fifth column fighting behind the lines and causing confusion on the opposing side, using a divide and conquer approach. That said, if the fellow was indeed a hunter, then we are really our worst enemy. Nothing surprises me anymore... Good on you to have answered back to restore some truth to the discussion.
    "Claybuster" comes to mind..But he is banned (under that name anyway..)
    I think you might be right and the usual suspects show up on controversial topics. You won't see then in most firearms related threads just the ones to spout their political cr@p.
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!