Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Solely outdoors dishonesty.

Solely also deleted their thread for the Remington 700 PCR preorder (which they've lied about at almost every interaction), and also CC'd all preorder customers when emailing the only update on it. Great, now I have a list of everyone who preordered. Thanks for putting my email out there for everyone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    I would like to see the OP change the header of the post
    and remove the word " Dishonesty ".
    Seems that word is not applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pif View Post
    Solely also deleted their thread for the Remington 700 PCR preorder (which they've lied about at almost every interaction), and also CC'd all preorder customers when emailing the only update on it. Great, now I have a list of everyone who preordered. Thanks for putting my email out there for everyone.
    Ouch now that is real big F up on there part

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Wow. Some people here seem to think they are posting some clever responses... but they're not.

Guy has a gripe with a vendor. It could be legitimate. He brought it here to the boards, that's what a lot of people here do. Some of these 'airing of grievances' have led to vendor's changing their practices, saving the community money and perhaps even lives. Is that the case here? Dunno, but we shouldn't discourage the practice of posting complaints. If you think the post is somehow problematic, then report it. Or just ignore it. But posting immature taunts and resorting to name calling... wtf? You're just embarrassing yourselves.
    Oh you’re right. The man is out here saving human lives by posting his shipping frustrations. No one should interfere with his heroic quest.

the basis of freedom of speech, the only speech that needs protection is the speech you don't agree with.

CGN frequent flyer
    Where does SO state that they make exceptions for anything other than target loads ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Wow. Some people here seem to think they are posting some clever responses... but they're not.

Guy has a gripe with a vendor. It could be legitimate. He brought it here to the boards, that's what a lot of people here do. Some of these 'airing of grievances' have led to vendor's changing their practices, saving the community money and perhaps even lives. Is that the case here? Dunno, but we shouldn't discourage the practice of posting complaints. If you think the post is somehow problematic, then report it. Or just ignore it. But posting immature taunts and resorting to name calling... wtf? You're just embarrassing yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompullings View Post
    Oh you’re right. The man is out here saving human lives by posting his shipping frustrations. No one should interfere with his heroic quest.
    You do realize you just proved Bad Lieutenant's point, right? Or maybe you don't.

It is an ongoing problem on all the boards, maybe even worth dealing with in the rules section. If someone has a complaint and wants to share it, why does a bunch of other members feel like belittling the complaint in a bullying fashion. Just doesn’t add anything to the original post in a meaningful way. It’s a sad reality of which direction our society is headed.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Posting a complaint is fine and understandable but this one seemed a little dramatic. This is why I think the backlash is happening, or that’s at least what I thought when I read it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234