Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: G9 Mag Adaptor, Pics and Installation thread

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PECHENEG View Post
    Turned the spring the other way around and it is significantly better, now the front of the cartridge is pushed upwards

But, the mags bow, what do you guys with bowing XCr mags, my theory is that spring is extreme tension, do you cut 1- 2 spring intervals? What kind of mags are these if they bow?

Also noticed that 9 rounds and less is functioning much better than 10 which is always a FTF

Well, anyways, tried dry runs only, hot run is tomorrow

Got the bolt hold open latch to work, by just filing another 0.1-0.3 mm in the front lip... as people say that front lip is the KEY. The instruction manual MUST start with that FRONT LIP in bold and huge letters
    We cannot recommend alteration of any pistol magazine to fit a rifle, sorry ... I suspect this is illegal to do in Canada.

There are your bold letters, lol.

The front lip of the magazine is indeed important, but as I have often informed people the correct way to deal with the front lip is too cut a groove across the underside of the bolt where it will make contact with the front lip.

Please see the bolt mod info and pics posted earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by MagWedge Industries; 08-30-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    Having the same issue with mine. Am not as handy as some others, so could post a picture indicating where you shaved the front lip? Thanx
    If you review this thread you will find it near the beginning.

There is a description and pics.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    My Mags are falling out after being seated properly. I shoot a few rounds then out they come. Cures or thoughts?

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

Typically this indicates that the inletting is not quite right and requires some adjustment. If you still have my number give me a call. If not, email me for my number ...

SKS-MW G9, first impressions
    75m, 7x7in target. Unfortunately camera fell down on shots ##2-6

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    My Mags are falling out after being seated properly. I shoot a few rounds then out they come. Cures or thoughts?

Take Care

Bob
    The little arm that releases the magazine can probably be tightened up another full turn on the threaded bolt. I had the same issue with mine and did one more full turn and it's been good ever since.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Where can we buy these?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Where can we buy these?
    We ran out and did not replace given the rumours surrounding new possible legislation.

We may make another run as it seems the government is putting off new gun control measures until next year.

We are working on a G3 now, which uses a modified Tapco mag and requires no modification of the rifle to install.

Our G3 should be an improvement over what is commonly available, and as per our G9 are making them with the permission and cooperation of the original maker.

we have a handful of old stock that needs finishing that may come up for sale, keep an eye open here and the website

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Sorry to revive a necro thread but I'm wondering what bit to use to make the mods, I know it's a 1/4 inch, but which?
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol