Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barrel Length Advantage On A Tremor?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex Defence View Post
    Hello Sir

Thanks for considering Cadex for your next purchase. In the case of the 50BMG the military uses the 29" barrel and it's been proven up to 2400 yards. Is there an advantage to go 32" ? I guess if you are the kind of guy to attend ELR events then the answer is yes, there's a bit of advantage in terms of velocity and this useful at extreme range. If you do not plan to push this baby past 200 yards then the 29" should be more than enough.

My only recommendation would be that a 50BMG is a beast to master so there's a lot to learn before going this route. Make sure that you top out the mid range game before choosing the 50BMG for long or extreme range because other calibers can be just as fun and easier to manage. If the gun stays in the gun cabinet because it's too expensive or hard to shoot then you'll know that you would've been better served with a 300 norma Mag or similar.

Best of luck with your refection and do not hesitate to call me to discuss this if needed: 514-821-7983.

Have a great weekend!
    Jesus!!!!

Some how I missed this post, Patrice. Just reviewing this thread as I am looking at things.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Jesus!!!!

Some how I missed this post, Patrice. Just reviewing this thread as I am looking at things.
    No problem Sir

I just realized that I made a typo mistake where it matters the most.: "If you do not plan to push this baby past 200 yards then the 29" should be more than enough." Of course it should be written 2000 yards, not 200

Take care
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I have access to 2700 yards. So the 32” seems to be the way to go. I would also look around for more range to make the effort to get farther for my own satisfaction.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I have access to 2700 yards. So the 32” seems to be the way to go. I would also look around for more range to make the effort to get farther for my own satisfaction.
    Easy choice then. Also yes you will need a lot of elevation. I wish I had access to those distances for shooting.

Also, dealing with Patrice gives one confidence in the product even before it arrives and puts that big smile on your face.

I would suggest for colours that all Tan is very nice. I have the tan/black hybrid for my Guardian 308 and it's cool. But the all tan just looks like a combat rifle. My Tremor is in Tan. There's enough black already with mags, pistol grip, scope/mount etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Easy choice then. Also yes you will need a lot of elevation. I wish I had access to those distances for shooting.

Also, dealing with Patrice gives one confidence in the product even before it arrives and puts that big smile on your face.

I would suggest for colours that all Tan is very nice. I have the tan/black hybrid for my Guardian 308 and it's cool. But the all tan just looks like a combat rifle. My Tremor is in Tan. There's enough black already with mags, pistol grip, scope/mount etc.
    Oh! Thanks, that's very nice of you.
    1-888-348-6774

Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

I’ve had the pleasure of talking to Patrice twice or more......?

Been quite awhile though.

My Patriot Lite is a tan/black hybrid. So would try something else other than tan.
    Last edited by Max Owner; 04-14-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Still haven't done anything about this yet other than Google ing.

408 Chey Tac and 375 have now come up in discussions and nosing around on the net. Still a Cadex Rifle, though.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I remember seeing a few reviews on their cheytac offerings and the reviewers wanted some specific twist rate but Cadex didn't offer it at the time. If you are really shooting that far, 375 is probably what you are after.

Friend I haven’t seen in awhile bought a 408. If he was gonna do it again, he’d go 375 for ease and lesser expense of components.

Salmoncan; never really paid much attention to twist rates. Hafta look into this. Thanx for the thought.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmoncan View Post
    I remember seeing a few reviews on their cheytac offerings and the reviewers wanted some specific twist rate but Cadex didn't offer it at the time. If you are really shooting that far, 375 is probably what you are after.
    Hi guys!

I don't know what twist rate that we are missing but we offer the origonal 1-11.5", the improved 1-10" twist rate and now also the 1-7" for guys shoothing the solids (monolitics) like the Flatline and Lehigh.

The Applied Ballistics guys just fired with success our chassis and CDX-40 Shadow passed 4000 yards with their barrel in 1-7" twist so it should be more than enough for the average Joe.

And a little scoop for you, shortly Cadex will chamber in the 375 Enabelr

I hope that it answers most of your concerns about twist rates on the .375, if not, give me a call at the factory and we'll do our best to help you.

Best regards
    1-888-348-6774

Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast