Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: GSG Schmeisser STG 44 in 22LR FREE SHIPPING

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    just out of curiousity why the assumption on pot metal? There are lots of alloy castings available that aren't pot metal these days. Try sticking a magnet to the upper or lower on an AR....that doesn't make them pot metal. Pot metal was very common years ago but there are lots of stronger alloy commonly in use. If it is such a huge concern email GSG and ask them. I think you will find that it isn't pot metal
    I was thinking the same thing. I have contacted them and will post their answer.
    Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    just out of curiousity why the assumption on pot metal? There are lots of alloy castings available that aren't pot metal these days. Try sticking a magnet to the upper or lower on an AR....that doesn't make them pot metal. Pot metal was very common years ago but there are lots of stronger alloy commonly in use. If it is such a huge concern email GSG and ask them. I think you will find that it isn't pot metal
    Pot metal is a generic term not a specific type of metal .
    AR's are aluminum & not magnetic .
    One possible ingredient in "pot metal" is lead [heavy]
    I'm sure what ever mixture they are using is superior to the early low quality stuff found it toys .
    Time will tell how these stand up . I have no intention of getting rid of mine any time soon
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Cool Jawohl. Ve need ANSWERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I have contacted them and will post their answer.
    Hey thx, R-man! Keep us posted. I'm still very keen on my 'Stuggie' and it would be comforting to know it's still going to be working in a year's time. The big question is the barrel. Another Q is the availability of spare parts...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    I don't think the barrel is an issue. I have other GSG firearms with plenty of rounds through them. I find them to be accurate and of good quality.
    I don't really think the issue of the alloy used in the receiver is an issue either. The use of the term "pot metal" has been thrown out there without any conclusive evidence. As mentioned there are a lot of alloys out there. Doesn't make them pot metal.
    Hopefully GSG will enlighten us, one way or the other, soon. Then we can get on to other more important issues like whether or not the bores of these rifles are chrome lined.
    And when the MP40's will be available. . . .
    Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Anyone interested in this battleworn finish?

Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Arrow Come see my new thread...

Cheers! I've just started a new thread over on the 'Rimfire' forum entitled "The Unoffishal StG 44/22 thread:" Hopefully we can consolidate our StG intel into one thread now instead of having to search multiple threads on different CGN forums. I intend it to be an 'all-inclusive' thread for existing owners. Come on over!

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post

Looks good, very end of days Berlin!

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    From the GSG website: it is constructed of Zamak-5 zinc#alloy, which provides maximum hardness and durability.
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    From the GSG website: it is constructed of Zamak-5 zinc#alloy, which provides maximum hardness and durability.
    Hey, thx man! OK if I mention that on the new thread?
    [http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1734903http://

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fireball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post

Wipe down with mineral spirits and drag it down the street?
    NFA CSSA