Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: True North Arms..lost parcels?

Quote Originally Posted by aledub View Post
    I think you went above and beyond in my opinion TNA. Canada Post offers insurance to be purchased on a parcel and if the customer is unwilling to purchase it, at who's risk should that be? I send packages out all the time and ask if the buyer wants to purchase insurance. I send in good faith with tracking and once it's in Canada Post's hands, how can I possibly be held responsible for it's fate at that stage? Sorry, buyer's risk in my opinion. Entitleists...take responsibility for your decisions.
    You have to remember what the implied contract is. He pays money to receive his item(s). He didn't receive his item(s). The contract is unfulfilled. Whether you like it or not, common law rules. TNA realizes this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    How about this:

I ordered a 20" pencil barrel with installed front sight base for my retro build. I get a tracking number, which came up as invalid on Canada Post's website. Two weeks later TNA emails me and says they're out of stock, yet still took payment. They offer a more expensive 16" barrel for some reason, then offer a 20" M4 profile barrel with FSB, barrel nut and handguard cap.

It arrived today. The FSB is not installed, does not have the holes drilled (so I'll have to go to a gunsmith) and had finish flake off right out the bag, and also did not come with taper pins. The handguard cap is round, which won't work with triangular handguards.

Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    You have to remember what the implied contract is. He pays money to receive his item(s). He didn't receive his item(s). The contract is unfulfilled. Whether you like it or not, common law rules. TNA realizes this.
    Don't think it's that simple with online orders. The seller shipped the item as agreed upon with proof of tracking, thus his end of the contract is fulfilled. Any other expectation is beyond a reasonable amount of control the seller has. A third party carrier has responsibilities of their own to deliver the parcel, that's another story. Most of the time business accounts negotiated with Canada Post include insurance automatically on packages and stores file a claim when a package is declared lost or damaged. I believe that's what we're seeing here.

Think about it another way - you sell something on the EE and the buyer declines insurance. You carefully wrap it up and send their item with tracking and CP declares it lost. Are YOU the one that should be responsible for cost the item?
    Please support your local SPCA!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by aledub View Post
    Don't think it's that simple with online orders. The seller shipped the item as agreed upon with proof of tracking, thus his end of the contract is fulfilled. Any other expectation is beyond a reasonable amount of control the seller has. A third party carrier has responsibilities of their own to deliver the parcel, that's another story. Most of the time business accounts negotiated with Canada Post include insurance automatically on packages and stores file a claim when a package is declared lost or damaged. I believe that's what we're seeing here.

Think about it another way - you sell something on the EE and the buyer declines insurance. You carefully wrap it up and send their item with tracking and CP declares it lost. Are YOU the one that should be responsible for cost the item?
    The question here is when does ownership transfer. When it leaves the sellers door, or when it arrives at the buyers delivery address.

In brick and mortar retail the standard is ownership transfers at the store. In online retail, the standard is actually at the buyers address.

Especially when the seller is dictating the shipping terms and is named in the shipping insurance contract and is directly charging for shipping as part of the service. Ergo the product is the sellers responsibility while in transit.

The only real question is where was the parcel lost. If stolen from your front steps you are probably SOL. If actually lost in CPs custody as appears to be the case here, then good on CP for fessing up and the seller knows his insurance payout is coming they can ship another pronto.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Interesting points being brought up all around. I’d be curious to see the legalities of it all rather than our speculations and assumptions. Either way, I’m glad that TNA is taking care of the OP, but it has become a very interesting topic of conversation indeed.
    Please support your local SPCA!

My wife had a package stuck in the Mississauga black hole before, took over 4 weeks for it to find its way out and over to us.
    I don't know what is going on in that facility but time seams to slow down in there.

So should I take action regarding my order or just say screw it, close enough?

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    So should I take action regarding my order or just say screw it, close enough?
    Hi Maxman
    I wouldn't be satisfied if it were me. I'm sorry to read this is how your order was handled.
    Today I will talk to my staff and see how soon we can get a restock of the correct barrel you ordered.
    Also I will talk my other staff on how to better handle this type of out of stock situation next time.
    (Zach here)
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

I had spoken to Zach, TNA, over the phone recently, in regards to a Competition SLR build that I have made a fairly expensive purchase of parts for. He seems to be a patient, straight shooter and someone that has or will find a solution.

When I say that I truly hope everything will work out for everyone, I honestly mean it, as I know the feeling of excitement of a project and the mounting anticipation of receiving that email for when the shipment is on its way.

Good on you Zach for replying on a open forum, I know of other Canadian retailers/manufacturers that have either hid from public forums or have responded in a manner that has only hurt their business.

People like Zach is one of the major reasons my friends and I are returning customers of TNA...

Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    Hi Maxman
    I wouldn't be satisfied if it were me. I'm sorry to read this is how your order was handled.
    Today I will talk to my staff and see how soon we can get a restock of the correct barrel you ordered.
    Also I will talk my other staff on how to better handle this type of out of stock situation next time.
    (Zach here)
    Thanks, Zach! I look forward to hearing from you.

This is why I keep coming back to TNA.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast