CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    It will be very hard to break under the 1000 mark

Definitely won't be Canadian Made.

Canadian designed... yes. But for that price manufacture would be overseas

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    It will be very hard to break under the 1000 mark

Definitely won't be Canadian Made.

Canadian designed... yes. But for that price manufacture would be overseas
    Agreed, I figure $1200-$1500 retail unless it can incorporate parts from other rifles that are already readily available and not overly expensive and even then it's going to hit $1000 absolute minimum.
    North American labor is just way too expensive and the more those retarded politicians raise the minimum wage the more expensive everything will become.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Bullpup would be a nice change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Forget about the accuracy restriction, a quality barrel could eat 1/3 of the budget or more if you want it under $1000. As long as it uses an AR-15 compatible barrel you can upgrade at any time if you're not happy with the accuracy you're getting.
    Straight barrel? As opposed to bent? Not sure where you're going with that one.
    I doubt it can be done for $1000 or less anyway but the more accuracy you want the more it will cost.
    With the bent barrel, I was referring to the type 81 complaints .... I believe it was the barrel that wasn’t straight on some of them or something that was crooked anyways ... it was a little attempt at humour on my part; basically I just want a ten round bullet thrower that can hit a pie plate at a reasonable distance. I don’t expect a match grade barrel or anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    With the bent barrel, I was referring to the type 81 complaints .... I believe it was the barrel that wasn’t straight on some of them or something that was crooked anyways ... it was a little attempt at humour on my part; basically I just want a ten round bullet thrower that can hit a pie plate at a reasonable distance. I don’t expect a match grade barrel or anything.
    It's the trunion inserted into the face of the receiver which the barrels thread into that were welded off center or machines off center. Or the large tap into the trunion which the barrel threads into was tapped off center or a combo of all of them lol Who knows with that gong show. It's pretty ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as some people trying to justify a $1K+ rifle with a crooked barrel hahahaha Stockholm syndrome anyone? The barrels themselves are straight.
    The T81 is a great rifle for a great price IMHO. But as we see the QC is terrible to put it mildly.

Anyhow, that's what the goal here is hopefully. Simple, reliable, light, takes AR mags. I don't care if it's 4 MOA. Who gives a sh*t. If I can hit a 12" plate at 300 meters then mission success!
    Not to point fingers but it's the "if it's not 1/2 MOA then it's s**t!" crowd that ends us up with abortion rifles that are neither reliable or 1/2 MOA anyhow and cost too much (cough cough102...cough)
    AR180 clone for the win. Not AR180b clone. AR180 clone with AR15 FCG, pistol grip, mag release system. Hammer them out, make them reliable, keep them cheap. They will come.....
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    It's the trunion inserted into the face of the receiver which the barrels thread into that were welded off center or machines off center. Or the large tap into the trunion which the barrel threads into was tapped off center or a combo of all of them lol Who knows with that gong show. It's pretty ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as some people trying to justify a $1K+ rifle with a crooked barrel hahahaha Stockholm syndrome anyone? The barrels themselves are straight.
    The T81 is a great rifle for a great price IMHO. But as we see the QC is terrible to put it mildly.

Anyhow, that's what the goal here is hopefully. Simple, reliable, light, takes AR mags. I don't care if it's 4 MOA. Who gives a sh*t. If I can hit a 12" plate at 300 meters then mission success!
    Not to point fingers but it's the "if it's not 1/2 MOA then it's s**t!" crowd that ends us up with abortion rifles that are neither reliable or 1/2 MOA anyhow and cost too much (cough cough102...cough)
    AR180 clone for the win. Not AR180b clone. AR180 clone with AR15 FCG, pistol grip, mag release system. Hammer them out, make them reliable, keep them cheap. They will come.....
    It has to be AR180b clone, as AR180 is apparently prohib while 180b is non-restricted. I think, however, that I'll just leave this here:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Can-you-guess

Mmmmmmm the possibilities....:D

Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    Gotcha, most of the "bent" T-81's seem to be more about the butt hurt "I ordered first so mine should be shipped first and I expect a rifle built to the same tolerances as a North American made rifle for $1000" crowd. There were a few legitimately poorly riveted rifles that really needed to be replaced but I think more of them were just guys who don't realize that a stamped receiver with riveted in trunions doesn't need to be perfectly straight and measured with a laser line to actually be completely functional and reliable.
    I'm not sure what people were expecting from a Norinco/PolyTech rifle but every Norc/Poly I've owned has needed a little TLC to make them what I consider acceptable but for the price you can't beat them as long as you get one that works. As long as the retailer/importer is going to replace them if you get a messed up one you really can't go wrong for the price. If they were built to higher quality and the QC was up to par with a North American built rifle they would cost more and you may as well just buy North American with a warranty.

I've been talking to the company that is in the process of making an AR-180B upper to go with the NoDak lower or the Canada Ammo lower that is in the works and it's going to be somewhere around $800 just for a complete upper and the NoDak lower is something like $350-$400 plus the LPK needed so we're looking at around $1200ish for that combo and I would guess this project will be a similar price. You can only make them so cheap if they are manufactured in Canada with our labor costs.
    I'm with you though, just a good reliable NR rifle that can hit a 10-12 inch plate at around 300 yards or better that takes STANAG pattern magazines works for most of the guys that can't afford to go with a $2000+ rifle that has the same performance.
    I'm more interested in the AR180 stuff that's coming out as I already have a 180B-2 and love it so a decently priced more modernized version works for me but the more options available the better and for under $1500 I'd buy one just to support Canadian companies that have gone through a lot of trouble to bring us these new affordable options.
    Last edited by cr5; 12-15-2017 at 01:13 AM.

CGN Regular
    If CanAm is able to come out with a complete AR180b with a milled aluminum receiver for $1200, they will fly off the shelves. Compare that to the price of the Robinson Arms and you'll understand why. It'll be like a license to print money.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    If CanAm is able to come out with a complete AR180b with a milled aluminum receiver for $1200, they will fly off the shelves. Compare that to the price of the Robinson Arms and you'll understand why. It'll be like a license to print money.
    They've already said they probably won't make an upper but there is another Canadian company that is making uppers so $1200 ish complete should be in the ballpark. And yes, I think they will be a successful package for that price
    I love my 180B and a more modern version of it would be awesome.

I'm still interested in seeing where this is going, but I also think there is a lot of potential and momentum in Canadian black guns.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis