Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My MP's reply, keep up the pressure.

I got the following from my mp. I emailed him before the cz was put on the chopping block.

I would like to thank you for your electronic correspondence received in our office today regarding the Swiss Arms Rifle Reclassification.

#

Please be assured your government is looking into this matter on an urgent basis.

#

Your Conservative Government is standing up for law-abiding gun owners. The Minister of Public Safety will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others.

#

Once again, thank you for writing and please do not hesitate to contact me in future.

#

#

Yours truly,

#

#

Rick
    Rick Norlock, MP
    Northumberland-Quinte West

I received the following from the PM's office... exciting response...

Please know that your e-mail message has been received in the Prime Minister's Office and that your comments have been noted. Our office always welcomes hearing from correspondents and being made aware of their views.

Thank you for writing.

Hummm glad to see people are getting responses. I have sent 3 separate emails and have got one generic "thAnks for your letter to mr so and so he wil get back to you soon blah blah blah" nothing useful.
    Please for the love of god edit your sold EE ads properly

Just when I think people have reached the lowest depths of stupidity, someone builds a better drill...

CGN Regular
    An e-mail is easy to ignore. Print, sign and mail letters. Remember no stamp is required when addressed to the House of Commons.

CGN Regular
    I emailed Cheryl Gallant and the PM and got no acceptance receipts...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I have a meeting on March 13 with my MP. I would suggest that everyone go and talk with their MP one on one if possible.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by relliott View Post
    At the risk of sounding paranoid, I would point out that it was CONSERVATIVE politicians who rammed Bill C-68 down our throats in the first place. This talking point that they are all responding with seems calculated to distance themselves from that absolute fact. They have not always stood up for law-abiding gun owners, and depending on which way these "politicians" feel the wind is blowing, they will certainly be happy to stand on our collective necks again. Count on it. Ipersonally will not let them forget that.

As long as they feel that they will pay at the polls, we can maybe hold their betrayal at bay for a while. Maybe even finally force some sensible reform in the Firearms Act.
    Not sure where you're getting this. C-68 was a Liberal bill when passed and there were only two Progressive Conservatives in Parliament at that time. I can't remember how they voted but there were some NDP and even about 8 Liberals who voted against it.

Not saying the Cons won't shaft us now but I think you've confused your history. Are you thinking of Bill C-17 that fat ass Kim Cambell introduced in 1991?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Not sure where you're getting this. C-68 was a Liberal bill when passed and there were only two Progressive Conservatives in Parliament at that time. I can't remember how they voted but there were some NDP and even about 8 Liberals who voted against it.

Not saying the Cons won't shaft us now but I think you've confused your history. Are you thinking of Bill C-17 that fat ass Kim Cambell introduced in 1991?
    Sorry, typing too fast (sneaking it in at work) and my brain filled in the wrong number. Yes C17 was Kim Campbell's precursor to the Liberal C68. Shouldn't have made that error, since I was standing 20 feet from Mr. Rock when he finally deigned to speak to the angry masses... And of course blow us all off.

C17, then C51,then C68.

CGN Regular
    Awesome! keep it up! we are one step forward to victory!

CGN Regular
    I just found this on my MP's website. Notice how I just said "my MP". I've never done that before. This guy totally gets it, he has even owned one of these rifles that are now being confiscated.

An open letter from MP Bob Zimmer on the reclassification of the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle
    February 28, 2014
    Dear constituents,

I was outraged to learn that, on February 26, 2014, the RCMP had reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle from a non-restricted firearm to a prohibited firearm. I am a gun owner, and used to own that particular firearm, and I know full well that the RCMP decision to reclassify it was wrong.

Our Conservative Government remains committed to standing up for the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In my personal opinion, this is another example of bureaucrats abusing their power. In a single action, the RCMP took a firearm that had been sold legally for 12 years, and has never been used to commit a crime in Canada, and arbitrarily declared it illegal. Law-abiding men and women, who have owned this rifle legally for years, are considered criminals as of today.

As soon as I heard about this issue, I wrote to the Minister of Public Safety and the Minister of Justice, and the matter was addressed in the House of Commons the next day. The Minister has ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision.

Our Government is committed to ensure firearms owners are not penalized as a result of this ill-informed action. We have delivered on our promise to abolish the Long-Gun Registry, a measure that respected law-abiding firearms owners across Canada, and we will continue to respect the rights of law-abiding Canadian firearms owners.

Sincerely,

Bob Zimmer
    MP, Prince George-Peace River
    Chair, BC/Yukon Caucus

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast